Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by YC1984 View Post
    It's been very quit here...! Anything you can share to tickle our fancy?!
    Elements are inbound now, YC. After a lot of prep in 2016, we're closing in on a launch. I just want the whole program in place before releasing the first info.

Take your time sir, all things come to those who wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Lane View Post
    Elements are inbound now, YC. After a lot of prep in 2016, we're closing in on a launch. I just want the whole program in place before releasing the first info.
    Any rough time frames? Spring/early summer?

Quote Originally Posted by powerlifter405 View Post
    Any rough time frames? Spring/early summer?
    2nd quarter.

Sounds good

So is the L6 going to be taller than the 2? I have some L1.4 and was going to pair with a L2.4 but now I might move the 1s to the rear channel and go L6 and L7 up front, but I don't know how high I need to mount my screen to fit it underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by f5alcon View Post
    So is the L6 going to be taller than the 2? I have some L1.4 and was going to pair with a L2.4 but now I might move the 1s to the rear channel and go L6 and L7 up front, but I don't know how high I need to mount my screen to fit it underneath.
    The L6 is larger than the A2.4 in all dimensions. (The L7 is larger than the A5rx-c too.) The L7 and L6 move to 6.5" woofers and dedicated midranges.

Models L5 and L3c will serve as next-gen A5 and A2 formats. Be advised they will upgrade into a larger and different driver tech, and being finished in finer exteriors, must cost more too.

The L6 is larger than the A2.4 in all dimensions. (The L7 is larger than the A5rx-c too.) The L7 and L6 move to 6.5" woofers and dedicated midranges.

Models L5 and L3c will serve as next-gen A5 and A2 formats. Be advised they will upgrade into a larger and different driver tech, and being finished in finer exteriors, must cost more too.
    Thanks,
    Are the L5 and L3c coming soon, or a longer wait? I can stay with 2.1 but want to eventually move to towers and a center channel. I want the clearest sounding dialogue for movies.

Quote Originally Posted by f5alcon View Post
    Thanks,
    Are the L5 and L3c coming soon, or a longer wait? I can stay with 2.1 but want to eventually move to towers and a center channel. I want the clearest sounding dialogue for movies.
    They should both follow the L7 and L6 fairly closely. The situation - which I'll detail for readers more soon - involves Chane taking the current A series and it's extreme value in terms of sound quality, and working to upgrade the entire program. That's not a small task but with effort and time there are real assets I can to fold into the mix that really have to be expressed in a second line, that being the L series.

The L7 and L6 are to be the first to arrive (along with some other surprises). The L5 and other smaller models follow in after them.

The delay has simply been making sure all aspects of the program are mature and ready, which has taken months longer than hoped. On the other hand, when the goals are this high - literally the most effective, real-performance speakers and value in ID - then Chane's list of requirements is also lengthy. It just takes time to even see if this can be done.

At any rate, the first L7 and L6 should have been here about 8 weeks ago but, as things go sometimes, somebody not me (thankfully but regretfully) didn't connect dot A with dot B and ships didn't sail. The short answer is that the L5 and others should not lag the first models by much. Then again, things happen, both as disappointments and sometimes as pleasant surprises...

They should both follow the L7 and L6 fairly closely. The situation - which I'll detail for readers more soon - involves Chane taking the current A series and it's extreme value in terms of sound quality, and working to upgrade the entire program. That's not a small task but with effort and time there are real assets I can to fold into the mix that really have to be expressed in a second line, that being the L series.

The L7 and L6 are to be the first to arrive (along with some other surprises). The L5 and other smaller models follow in after them.

The delay has simply been making sure all aspects of the program are mature and ready, which has taken months longer than hoped. On the other hand, when the goals are this high - literally the most effective, real-performance speakers and value in ID - then Chane's list of requirements is also lengthy. It just takes time to even see if this can be done.

At any rate, the first L7 and L6 should have been here about 8 weeks ago but, as things go sometimes, somebody not me (thankfully but regretfully) didn't connect dot A with dot B and ships didn't sail. The short answer is that the L5 and others should not lag the first models by much. Then again, things happen, both as disappointments and sometimes as pleasant surprises...
    my wallet is ready