Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4914151617181920212223

Quote Originally Posted by powerlifter405 View Post
    Yep, offers for GM seem to far out number that of either Ford or Dodge and I've always wanted one. The options for the LS platform is extensive and they respond well to FI.
    That seems quite true: I just happened across this, which for anyone mildly interested in automotive engineering for even the last 20 years is remarkable. They're not cheap but the sophistication is through the roof. There must be a lot of healthy budgets for car projects and less incentive to DIY.

Quote Originally Posted by powerlifter405 View Post
    I see the 4G63 is for the Lancer/Evo? I hear that they too also respond favorably to copious amounts of boost and handle quite well.
    Lancer/Evo, DSM, and a fair number of swaps. A couple even found their way into rail dragsters and together with 4G63 door-slammers, are approaching 7.5 second quarters. Guys have by now gotten incomprehensible power out of 120 cu in, and cheaply, at least relatively speaking.

Jon
    You are teasing us again. Does this mean an 8 - 12" woofer speaker is on the way

Quote Originally Posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
    Jon
    You are teasing us again. Does this mean an 8 - 12" woofer speaker is on the way
    I wouldn't do that, really. I just need to take things one at a time and try to be a good vendor, which means not promising what's not already thoroughly in the pipe. I feel I owe Chane's customers and that starts with real info and real stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Lane View Post
    That seems quite true: I just happened across this, which for anyone mildly interested in automotive engineering for even the last 20 years is remarkable. They're not cheap but the sophistication is through the roof. There must be a lot of healthy budgets for car projects and less incentive to DIY.
    The crate options from GM and even from aftermarket vendors is astronomical. The options are endless no doubt, but I always enjoy seeing guys do more w/ less. But I admit I am a fan of CI.

Lancer/Evo, DSM, and a fair number of swaps. A couple even found their way into rail dragsters and together with 4G63 door-slammers, are approaching 7.5 second quarters. Guys have by now gotten incomprehensible power out of 120 cu in, and cheaply, at least relatively speaking.
    I never would have thought a rail car but weigh reduction is sometimes overlooked. The diesel guys are making steps by leaps and bounds but an 1000lb motor really creates some issues.
    I've heard that 3-500 is attainable w/o too much radical work and in such a light package makes for a killer deal.

I wouldn't do that, really. I just need to take things one at a time and try to be a good vendor, which means not promising what's not already thoroughly in the pipe. I feel I owe Chane's customers and that starts with real info and real stuff.
    And that is why I like the Chane line. When I got my Arx, info was released when things were the real deal, same with pricing and ordering. No BS order just in case that I've seen elsewhere. I believe Jon builds a solid project and I can only guess that he will give us more info as time goes on. Until that day we do know a L7 is in the works, if not Jon wouldn't have kept us on edge for 23 pages.