Default 2015 AHA Heart Walk for Cohen

Hey guys... All of you have been very generous in the past, and I'm hoping you are willing to be so again. Every year seems to be more important than the next, and this year is no different.

My fiancee has a son, Cohen, that is 8 years old and was born with HLHS - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. In July Cohen had his 4th successful open heart surgery to repair his aortic root. The valve still has a small leak but they will monitor it over the next 6 months. This surgery was supposed to be last year, but they wanted to hold off since it is rarely performed on someone this young. He continues to live with his condition with some limitations, but his mother and family live every day with the constant fear that the unthinkable could happen. I don't even like to think about it. As a father of two myself, it breaks my heart.

There is a American Heart Association Heart Walk every year in Beaver, PA that we take part in via fundraising and walking. If you have the means to donate to the cause and our team, I would greatly appreciate anything that you can give. At the very least, please say a prayer to whoever or whatever you believe in that Cohen gets the chance to live a long and happy life.

Please share the link and spread the word. We'd like to make this year our best year fundraising since Cohen is the Spokesperson.

Thanks guys.

2015 AHA Donation Link

We're honored to be able to broadcast the cause, BL. I'll sticky this post for you too.

Prayers sent for little Cohen, we have a son that was born this past this past June with Tetralogy Of Fallot and just a month ago had open heart surgery at 2 months of age and I can totally understand how hard this can be on a family, medicine and medical procedures are truly remarkable nowadays and you truly can't understand what a family has to go through and overcome in these instances until it happens to yours, thoughts from our family to yours.

Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Lane View Post
    We're honored to be able to broadcast the cause, BL. I'll sticky this post for you too.
    Thank you Jon. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by creimes77 View Post
    Prayers sent for little Cohen, we have a son that was born this past this past June with Tetralogy Of Fallot and just a month ago had open heart surgery at 2 months of age and I can totally understand how hard this can be on a family, medicine and medical procedures are truly remarkable nowadays and you truly can't understand what a family has to go through and overcome in these instances until it happens to yours, thoughts from our family to yours.

Chad
    Many thanks. Same goes for your son and family as well.

Many thanks to MF who donated once again... Every year. Thank you.

Last day to donate... please help if you can. Thanks