Default CS 1.8T humming noise

Hi All, I have these 1.8T subs two of them and lately noticed the humming noise.
    It's quiet in the beginning and progresses up and it's very annoying. I beleive it has the Daytona amp.
    Please guide me as how to resolve this and I unplugged and re-plugged all the cables, including the power cable.
    Is there anything else, please advise. Also, any setting on the amp that should be looked at.

Thanks in advance ,
    Srv

Quote Originally Posted by srv View Post
    Hi All, I have these 1.8T subs two of them and lately noticed the humming noise.
    It's quiet in the beginning and progresses up and it's very annoying. I beleive it has the Daytona amp.
    Please guide me as how to resolve this and I unplugged and re-plugged all the cables, including the power cable.
    Is there anything else, please advise. Also, any setting on the amp that should be looked at.

Thanks in advance ,
    Srv
    Does the humming stop when you disconnect the sub cable while powered on? Is the humming coming from both subs or just one? If both subs are humming you could almost rule out a defective amp(s). Most humming issues are either cable related or ground loop problems, if you have cable or satellite feeds connected to your system this could be the culprit. Try disconnecting the main cable feed before the cable box and power down the box or unplug it. First I would rule out the sub cables, disconnect the cable and play some music or a movie and see if you still have the hum. Secondly I would try the cable box feed where it enters the room. Report your findings. Side note: where do you have the gain set on your sub's amp(s), too high can sometimes cause the hum.

Quote Originally Posted by jnordi View Post
    Does the humming stop when you disconnect the sub cable while powered on? Is the humming coming from both subs or just one? If both subs are humming you could almost rule out a defective amp(s). Most humming issues are either cable related or ground loop problems, if you have cable or satellite feeds connected to your system this could be the culprit. Try disconnecting the main cable feed before the cable box and power down the box or unplug it. First I would rule out the sub cables, disconnect the cable and play some music or a movie and see if you still have the hum. Secondly I would try the cable box feed where it enters the room. Report your findings. Side note: where do you have the gain set on your sub's amp(s), too high can sometimes cause the hum.
    Thanks for the response and the hum is from both the subs, the moment I disconnect one of the sub I can hear from the other one and vice versa. I guess that rules out the amp. I do not have cable box hooked up and all I have is the onkyo 805 receiver , Panasonic blue ray player along with APC power conditioner.
    Coming to the gain it is around 5 and tried that at 0 also, same humming noise.
    Any other suggestions. Thanks for your time.
    Regards,
    srv

Try plugging the sub directly into the wall outlet, power up the sub and turn the gain up slowly, do this with nothing else powered on and see what happens. Then power up the 805 and report the results. Does your sub's power cord have a ground pin, if so you try lifting the ground with a cheater plug and see if the hum is gone. These are a lot of suggestions but you have to eliminate one thing at a time. Good luck.

The APC should have a ground fault light to alert for a ground problem. Have you checked that? Also agree that the sub cable developing a short is a common. When you hear the hum, try wiggling the cable where it connects to the RCA plug & see if it changes. Let us know.

Thanks to both for the suggestions.
    Took the subwoofer and connected just by itself as soon I plug it in and power up, I can hear the noise. The subwoofer power cord is a 3 pronged plug. I may have to get a new power cord and test it out. Any other suggestions? Checked the connections to the subwoofer and maybe change the wiring to the subwoofer also.

Quote Originally Posted by srv View Post
    Thanks to both for the suggestions.
    Took the subwoofer and connected just by itself as soon I plug it in and power up, I can hear the noise. The subwoofer power cord is a 3 pronged plug. I may have to get a new power cord and test it out. Any other suggestions? Checked the connections to the subwoofer and maybe change the wiring to the subwoofer also.
    Are you saying that you plugged the sub in an outlet and just powered it up and the hum was audible, is this with no sub cable, also is the outlet you plugged the sub into on the same circuit as the APC and 805. Your 805 and sub should both be on the APC or neither of them, try both ways. Check your 3 prong plug, where it connects to the rear of the sub and see if they are three contacts where you plug it in on the back of the amp, I don't believe the Daytons have a safety ground on the ICE end of the plug. This is really an unusual situation, we'll get to the bottom of it.