More real, musical output
Chane's A1.4 is the shelf speaker for value and performance-conscious listeners. Easy to place, packed with quality, and full of musical life, in its class the fourth-generation A1.4 is an affordable powerhouse.
How did we do it? Our XBL2 SplitGap midwoofer and planar leaf tweeter are better tech for better sound. They're costlier than a conventional speaker's standard tech but to us slashing speaker distortion is worth it. Using them, the A1.4 suits an audiophile's investment in better sound and the film lover's need for enhanced dynamics.
What is XBL2? Drop us a line for a white paper. This is real tech and only Chane offers it for this little. Unless you've heard a genuinely cleaner, quieter, "blacker" and more dynamic sound, you're still listening to regular sound from regular speakers.
More good stuff without all the cost
Playing to the strengths of the popular Chane A1 platform since 2009, the new Chane A1.4 brings updates to both our flat 'leaf' tweeter and XBL2 SplitGap midwoofer. The trademark SplitGap woofer is updated for better resolution but still offers up to double the linear volume displacement of conventional drivers while at the same time slashing distortion by half.
The high output leaf tweeter now includes a new molded aluminum face plate for smoother, more extended response to beyond 30kHz. As always, Chane's CAD-designed and hand-tuned high grade crossover network makes it all work, while Chane's heavy-duty enclosure lends low coloration - it's built to professional standards by our loudspeaker pros.
The A1.4 has a trim profile for a better fit in crowded entertainment centers, and is finished in the same stealthy simulated black ash as the rest of the line. Each A1.4 includes a removable black knit grille and the gold-plated input terminals accept common speaker cable hookups.
Good sound starts here
Chane models lead their fields because we care enough to lavish outstanding tech and solid, experienced design on them. The A1.4's techniques give it even more of the bigger, clearer, and more dimensional sound thousands of music lovers have come to expect from even the most affordable Chane speaker. The Chane A1.4 is a genuine alternative for smart budgets.
- 1.25" x 2.25" flat panel leaf tweeter
- Very high frequency extension to over 30kHz
- Higher output and power handling than domes
- Resistive amplifier load for consistent neutrality
- New molded aluminum treble face plate
- Flatter, smoother response
- Improved acoustic phasing and design integration
- 135mm/5.25" high-excursion SplitGap mid-woofer with XBL2 motor
- Very long, linear cone excursion
- Distortion reduced over 50% versus conventional drivers
- Aluminum frames, damped cones, and double-ventilated motors
- High thermal capacity for reliable, high output
- Chane's 0.4 series precision dividing network
- Acoustical 4th order function
- Linear dispersion and flat response
- High grade polypropylene capacitors in critical signal areas improve transparency
- Heavy-gauge inductors and non-inductive resistors improve frequency extremes
- Convertible bass reflex acoustic alignment
- Heavy 18mm braced construction
- Simulated black ash PVC finish
- Includes detachable black fabric grille with stainless steel pegs
- Gold-plated input terminals accept common cable terminations
- Port plug (included) adds setup and use options
- Includes Chane Music & Cinema's 30-day in-home satisfaction guarantee
- Five year warranty
- Frequency Response: 50Hz-31.5kHz +/- 3dB
- Low Frequency cutoff: 45Hz -6dB
- Sensitivity (1w/1m): 86dB
- System type: Convertible bass reflex
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Recommended Power: 20-150W
- Dimensions: 340 x 180 x 250mm
- Dimensions: 13.4 x 7.1 x 9.85in
- Net Weight: 7.3kg / 16lbs each
Rust: on listening axis
Blue: 10 degrees (horizontal)
Green: 20 degrees
Gold: 30 degrees
Black: 40 degrees
Rust: on listening axis
Blue: +10 degrees (vertical)
Green: +20 degrees
Gold: -10 degrees
Black: -20 degrees
Black: impedance magnitude