More real, musical output than anything in its class
Slashing speaker distortion in half is not impossible but it's also no small task. Unless you've heard a genuinely cleaner, quieter, "blacker" and more dynamic sound, you're still listening to regular sound from regular speakers.
What's different at Chane? Our flat 'leaf' tweeter and XBL2 SplitGap midwoofer are genuinely better tech for genuinely better sound. They are costlier than any conventional speaker's standard domes and regular midwoofers, so we simply give you far more for your investment in better sound.
What is XBL2? Drop us a line for our white paper. This is real tech and only Chane offers it for this little.
More good stuff without all the cost
Playing to the strengths of the popular Chane A1 platform since 2009, the new Chane A1.4 brings updates to both our flat 'leaf' tweeter and XBL2 SplitGap midwoofer. The trademark SplitGap woofer is updated for better resolution but still offers up to double the linear volume displacement of conventional drivers while at the same time slashing distortion by over half.
The high output leaf tweeter now includes a new molded aluminum face plate for smoother, more extended response to beyond 30kHz.
As always, Chane's CAD-designed and hand-tuned high grade crossover network makes it all work, while Chane's classic, heavy-duty enclosure lends low coloration - it's built to professional standards by our loudspeaker pros. The new A1.4 has a slightly smaller enclosure for a better fit in crowded entertainment centers, and is finished in the same stealthy simulated black ash as the rest of the line. Each A1.4 includes a removable black knit grille and the gold-plated input terminals accept common speaker cable hookups.
A real eight ohm loudspeaker
The upgraded A1.4 is also a true 8 ohm loudspeaker. We rate its sensitivity using a one watt input at a standard one meter distance. Lower impedance speakers may rate higher initial loudness but draw more power and can be hard for some receivers to drive well. The A1.4 can be driven by almost anything, but sounds superb driven by a good quality audiophile amplifier.
Good sound starts here
Chane has over 30 years hands-on experience and our models lead category after category because we care enough to lavish the right technologies and the right design on them. The A1.4's two low-distortion technologies really work and give the model even more of the bigger, clearer, and more dimensional sound thousands of music lovers have come to expect from even the most affordable Chane speaker. The Chane A1.4 is a genuine alternative for smart budgets.
- 1.25" x 2.25" flat panel leaf tweeter
- Very high frequency extension
- High output and power handling
- Resistive amplifier load
- New molded aluminum treble face plate
- Very high frequency extension to 30kHz
- Improved acoustical phasing and flatter response
- Improved integration with mid-bass drivers
- 135mm high-excursion SplitGap mid-woofer with XBL2 motor
- Improved sensitivity and linearity
- Very long, linear cone excursion
- Distortion reduced over 50% versus conventional drivers
- Aluminum frames, damped cones, and double-ventilated motors
- High thermal capacity for reliable, high output
- Precision electronic dividing network
- Acoustical 4th order function
- Linear dispersion and flat response
- Polypropylene capacitors in critical signal areas
- Heavy-gauge inductors and non-inductive resistors improve frequency extremes
- Convertible bass reflex acoustic alignment
- Heavy 18mm braced construction
- Simulated black ash PVC finish
- Includes black fabric grille
- Gold-plated input terminals accept common cable terminations
- Port plug (included) adds setup and use options
- Includes Chane Music & Cinema's 30-day in-home satisfaction guarantee
- Five year warranty
- Frequency Response: 50Hz-31.5kHz +/- 3dB
- Low Frequency cutoff: 45Hz -6dB
- Sensitivity (1w/1m): 86dB
- System type: Convertible bass reflex
- Nominal Impedance: true 8 Ohms*
- Recommended Power: 20-150W
- Dimensions: 340 x 180 x 250mm
- Dimensions: 13.4 x 7.1 x 9.85in
- Net Weight: 7.3kg / 16lbs each
*Competing speakers may be 4 ohm speakers driven by 2.83v, or 2 Watts, which adds up to 3dB to their true efficiency.