The new Chane center and LCR speaker
Conventional center speakers limit clean, off-axis dispersion and may be difficult to listen to. The new, 4th-generation Chane A2.4 left, center, and right (LCR) speaker, and it's specially optimized for wide, even dispersion and natural acoustical dynamics and soundstage.
The A2.4's special aligned crossover network approximately triples dispersion linearity through the crossover region over typical MTM (midrange-tweeter-midrange) speakers. On-axis and short-axis response is +/-3dB, and long-axis response within a 50 degree arc is +/- 5dB. Time behavior has also been optimized for extraordinary focus.
The 2016 A2.4 also has a new, molded aluminum tweeter face plate. High frequency extension is improved to 30kHz with improved acoustical phasing and flatter response. Integration with the A2.4's licensed SplitGap midbass drivers has been improved, and even they have been updated for improved bass definition and midrange resolution.
All these improvements give the 2016 Chane 2.4 a potent array of sonic enhancements unavailable elsewhere. Among them are extraordinary clarity, excellent three-dimensional imaging and focus, and explosive dynamic headroom.
Powerful and versatile
Like its A2rx-c predecessor, the A2.4's easily rotated flat leaf tweeter allows it to be used vertically or horizontally - this way one model becomes a powerful option for left, center, and right channel use. Dual tandem 5.25" SplitGap midwoofers with XBL2 technology are precisely summed with the flat panel tweeter for extremely linear and predictable on and off-axis response.
What is XBL2 and how does it double real output while slashing distortion in half or more? Drop us a line for our white paper. This is real tech and only Chane offers it for this little.
As large stereo monitors, twin A2.4s sound powerful and clean, even at elevated levels. As a center speaker, the A2.4 has excellent intelligibility and exceptionally linear response through a wide region. A trio of new Chane A2.4 speakers anchor the three main front channels for an enormous, seamless front soundfield and the foundation of impressive home theater action. Simply add a good quality subwoofer system for stunning realism and power.
Convertible, flexible design tunes to your system
The A2.4 is commonly used as a center channel speaker, or as main loudspeakers placed on speaker stands and away from major boundaries. Two bass tuning options then convert the A2.4 between either stand-alone, full range use or classic 80Hz subwoofer integration.
The A2.4's aerodynamically-flared rear port reinforces low frequencies. It's designed for high flow at low velocity and complements the very long throw woofers' high output, but stop the bass port with the included charcoalester foam plug and convert the extended bass reflex tuning to a shallower cutoff in the region of most powered subwoofers. The convertible bass system gives the speaker added flexibility for numerous setup options.
A real eight ohm loudspeaker
The Chane A2.4 is a true 8 ohm loudspeaker and we rate its sensitivity using a one watt input at a standard one meter distance. Lower impedance speakers may rate higher initial loudness but draw more power and can be hard for some receivers to drive well. The A2.4 can be driven by almost anything, but sounds superb driven by a good quality audiophile amplifier.
Complement your Chane system
The A2.4 speaker shares drivers and acoustics with the rest of the Chane line, allowing you to mix and match easily. This model is also finished in simulated black ash over heavy braced cabinetry, and includes black fabric grilles. Gold-plated input terminals accommodate all common connection types.
The versatile A2.4 has the power and precision to fulfill demanding home theater and music system needs in a performance category well above its web-direct price.
- 1.25" x 2.25" flat panel leaf tweeter
- High output and power handling
- Resistive amplifier load
- New molded aluminum treble face plate
- Very high frequency extension to over 30kHz
- Improved acoustical phasing and flatter response
- Improved integration with mid-bass drivers
- 135mm high-excursion SplitGap mid-woofers with XBL2 motor
- Improved sensitivity and linearity
- Very long, linear cone excursion
- Distortion reduced over 50% versus conventional drivers
- Aluminum frames, damped cones, and double-ventilated motors
- High thermal capacity for reliable, high output
- Chane's new 0.4 series precision dividing network
- Audibly improved dispersion across big, 50-degree listening window (long axis)
- Exceptional acoustical synchronization enhances transient response, "voice", and dynamics
- Revolutionizes dispersion and focus for affordable MTM* speakers
- Unprecedentedly uniform response for 3-speaker, LCR** front speaker arrays
- Polypropylene capacitors in critical signal areas
- Heavy-gauge inductors and non-inductive resistors improve frequency extremes
- Convertible bass reflex acoustic alignment
- Heavy 18mm braced construction
- Simulated black ash PVC finish
- Includes black fabric grille
- Gold-plated input terminals accept common cable terminations
- Port plug (included) adds setup and use options
- Includes Chane Music & Cinema's 30-day in-home satisfaction guarantee
- Five year warranty
- Frequency Response: 48Hz-31.5kHz +/- 3dB
- Long-axis response: 40 degrees
- Short-axis response: 90 degrees
- Low Frequency cutoff: 42Hz -6dB
- Sensitivity (1w/1m): 90dB
- System type: Convertible bass reflex
- Nominal Impedance: true 8 Ohms*
- Recommended Power: 20-200W
- Dimensions: 180 x 500 x 300mm
- Dimensions: 7.1 x 19.7 x 11.8in
- Net Weight: 12kg / 27lbs each
*Competing speakers may be 4 ohm speakers driven by 2.83v, or 2 Watts, which adds 3dB to their true efficiency.