A Top-Rated Main Floor Speaker With a Difference
The A5.4 is Chane's third generation floor speaker, a clean, classic, powerful design focusing on precise imaging and a clear, expansive soundstage with more acoustic openness and presence than before.
The A5.4 deploys three SplitGap midwoofers for plenty of clean, low distortion acoustical headroom – engineers call it higher volume displacement. A special midrange driver makes the A5.4 Chane's only 3-way model, and our custom crossover network tunes the A5.4 for its most linear response yet.
Standing just over forty inches tall, the A5.4 is supported by an improved all-metal base system that looks better and allows easier adjustments on any surface.
First, Chane uses no standard woofers, domes, or AMTs in the A series. Chane's licensed XBL2 SplitGap midwoofer and pro-style planar leaf tweeter deliver cleaner, more dynamic sound - they cost more to include but they deliver real results.
- SplitGap XBL2 midwoofer. Radically improved linearity for up to twice the clean output. Real fundamental bass from an affordable compact speaker.
- Chane's planar leaf tweeter: High surface area, vanishingly low mass, and extreme treble extension. Faster, more detailed treble to over 30kHz.
- Premium crossover: Large-gauge inductors, higher grade poly film capacitors, and special audio-grade resistors support Chane's superior tech.
- Heavy cabinet: Nearly twice the weight of some conventional speakers in the class, Chane's extra-grade casework keeps things cleaner, quieter.
What is XBL2? Drop us a line for the white paper - it's real tech and only Chane offers it for this little.
Purpose-built, Right Down to the Small Details
Chane's higher-dynamic planar leaf tweeter includes a new molded aluminum lens for smoother response to well beyond 30kHz. Our CAD-designed and hand-tuned crossover is sophisticated enough to manage each driver's response correctly, yet simple enough to sound less intrusive. The A5.4's thick, acoustically dense cabinet is perimeter-braced six ways, and extensive internal acoustical treatment keeps the sound clean. The rear port won't project unwanted energy forward, and gold-plated input terminals accept heavier gauge audio cables.
The substantial A5.4 is finished in the same stealthy simulated black ash as the rest of the line and includes a removable black knit grille and an acoustical port plug to optionally convert it to sealed operation.
An Impressive Feature ListIt takes a lot to rank in the top of a field of $1000 - $2500 designs in direct comparisons. Great components, classic design, solid build quality, and comprehensive tuning make the A5.4 a leading contender in its class. And sometimes, beyond its class.
- 1.25" x 2.25" flat panel leaf tweeter
- Uniform, high-output thermoplastic diaphragm
- High energy Neodymium motor
- Very high frequency extension to over 30kHz
- Higher output and power handling than domes
- Resistive amplifier load for consistent neutrality
- New molded aluminum treble face plate
- Acoustical flare and lens for flatter, smoother response
- Improved acoustic phasing and design integration
- Dedicated 135mm midrange driver
- Critically-damped low mass curvilinear cone with natural cellulose fibers
- High energy stacked motor extends response and aids high sensitivity
- Aluminum frame and double-ventilated motor for high power and linear response
- Aluminum phase plug and heat sink for excellent thermal stability
- Triple 135mm/5.25" high-excursion SplitGap mid-woofers with XBL2 motors
- Exotic, licensed technology for linear cone excursion
- Distortion reduced 50% versus conventional drivers
- Critically-damped natural cellulose fiber cone for exceptional resolution
- Copper SplitGap ring and short voice coil improve responsiveness
- Aluminum frames and enormous, twin-gapped, double-ventilated motors
- High thermal capacity for reliable, high output
- Chane's 0.4 series precision dividing network
- Hybrid 3-way crossover with improved integration
- Excellent bass timing and treble power protection
- Very heavy-gauge inductors and special non-inductive resistors improve frequency extremes
- Heavy foil, discrete epoxy circuit boards for high electrical integrity
- 100% soldered board and lead technique for long life
- Detachable milled black anodized aluminum outrigger arms
- Includes machined black anodized knurled adjusting knobs with stainless steel studs
- Includes stainless steel carpet spikes and floor discs
- Solid, 18mm braced acoustical cabinet
- Up to 50% heavier than conventional models
- More volume for deeper bass response
- Convertible bass reflex acoustic alignment with flared rear port for low coloration
- Included port plug converts the A5.4 to sealed mode
- Heavy-gauge internal poly damping
- Handsome seamless simulated black ash PVC finish
- Includes detachable low diffraction black fabric grille with stainless steel pegs and low resonance rubber cups
- Heavy gold-plated five-way input terminals accept common cable terminations
- The A5.4 is packed individually in heavy foam cradles and a triple-wall carton
- Includes Chane Music & Cinema's 30-day in-home satisfaction guarantee (see Terms)
- Five year warranty
California Proposition 65 WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- Frequency response: 47Hz-30kHz +/- 3dB
- Low frequency cutoff: 40Hz -6dB
- Sensitivity (1W/1m): 90dB
- Sensitivity (2.83v/1m): 92dB
- System type: Convertible bass reflex
- Nominal impedance: 6 Ohms
- Recommended music power: 20-250W
- Dimensions: 1025 x 180 x 260mm
- Dimensions: 40.35 x 7.1 x 10.25in
- Detachable outrigger feet: 8 x 40 x 140mm, M8 threaded
- Screw-on carpet spikes: 1.25" diameter x 1.5" tall
- Includes stainless steel floor disc for each foot
- Net weight: 25kg / 55lbs each
(Summed complex nearfield below ~350Hz.)