A Top-Rated Main Floor Speaker With a Difference
The A5.4 is Chane's third generation floor speaker, a clean, classic, powerful design focusing on precise imaging and a clear soundstage with more acoustic openness and presence than before.
The A5.4 deploys three SplitGap midwoofers for plenty of clean, low distortion headroom – engineers call it higher volume displacement. A special midrange driver makes the A5.4 Chane's only 3-way model, and our revised custom crossover network tunes the A5.4 for the most linear response yet.
Standing just over forty inches tall, the A5.4 is supported by an improved all-metal base system that looks better and allows easier adjustments on any surface.
First, Chane uses no standard woofers, domes, or AMTs in the A series. Chane's licensed XBL2 SplitGap midwoofer and pro-style planar leaf tweeter deliver cleaner, more dynamic sound - they cost more to include but they deliver real results. Then, Chane's in-house, custom design engineering involves costlier internal electronics that acoustically intrude less.
Next, Chane enclosures are up to 50% heavier and more inert, lowering resonance and improving music and cinema. Finally, experienced, extensive fine tuning focuses everything to deliver the Chane sound.
What is XBL2? Drop us a line for the white paper - it's real tech and only Chane offers it for this little.
Purpose-built, Right Down to the Small Details
Chane's higher-dynamic planar leaf tweeter includes a new molded aluminum lens for smoother response to well beyond 30kHz. Our CAD-designed and hand-tuned crossover is sophisticated enough to manage each driver's response correctly, yet simple enough to sound less intrusive. The A5.4's thick, acoustically dense cabinet is perimeter-braced six ways, and extensive internal acoustical treatment keeps the sound clean. The rear port won't project unwanted energy forward, and gold-plated input terminals accept heavier gauge audio cables.
The substantial A5.4 is finished in the same stealthy simulated black ash as the rest of the line and includes a removable black knit grille and an acoustical port plug to optionally convert it to sealed operation.
An Impressive Feature ListIt takes a lot to rank in the top of a field of $1000 - $2500 designs in direct comparisons. Great components, classic design, solid build quality, and comprehensive tuning make the A5.4 a leading contender in its class. And sometimes, beyond its class.
- 1.25" x 2.25" flat panel leaf tweeter
- Uniform, high-output thermoplastic diaphragm
- High energy Neodymium motor
- Very high frequency extension to over 30kHz
- Higher output and power handling than domes
- Resistive amplifier load for consistent neutrality
- New molded aluminum treble face plate
- Acoustical flare and lens for flatter, smoother response
- Improved acoustic phasing and design integration
- Dedicated 135mm midrange driver
- Critically-damped low mass curvilinear cone with natural cellulose fibers
- High energy stacked motor extends response and aids high sensitivity
- Aluminum frame and double-ventilated motor for high power and linear response
- Aluminum phase plug and heat sink for excellent thermal stability
- Triple 135mm/5.25" high-excursion SplitGap mid-woofers with XBL2 motors
- Exotic, licensed technology for linear cone excursion
- Distortion reduced 50% versus conventional drivers
- Critically-damped natural cellulose fiber cone for exceptional resolution
- Copper SplitGap ring and short voice coil improve responsiveness
- Aluminum frames and enormous, twin-gapped, double-ventilated motors
- High thermal capacity for reliable, high output
- Chane's 0.4 series precision dividing network
- Hybrid 3-way crossover with improved integration
- Excellent bass timing and treble power protection
- Very heavy-gauge inductors and special non-inductive resistors improve frequency extremes
- Heavy foil, discrete epoxy circuit boards for high electrical integrity
- 100% soldered board and lead technique for long life
- Detachable milled black anodized aluminum outrigger arms
- Includes machined black anodized knurled adjusting knobs with stainless steel studs
- Includes stainless steel carpet spikes and floor discs
- Solid, 18mm braced acoustical cabinet
- Up to 50% heavier than conventional models
- More volume for deeper bass response
- Convertible bass reflex acoustic alignment with flared rear port for low coloration
- Included port plug converts the A5.4 to sealed mode
- Heavy-gauge internal poly damping
- Handsome seamless simulated black ash PVC finish
- Includes detachable low diffraction black fabric grille with stainless steel pegs and low resonance rubber cups
- Heavy gold-plated five-way input terminals accept common cable terminations
- The A5.4 is packed individually in heavy foam cradles and a triple-wall carton
- Includes Chane Music & Cinema's 30-day in-home satisfaction guarantee (see Terms)
- Five year warranty
- Frequency response: 47Hz-30kHz +/- 3dB
- Low frequency cutoff: 40Hz -6dB
- Sensitivity (1W/1m): 90dB
- Sensitivity (2.83v/1m): 92dB
- System type: Convertible bass reflex
- Nominal impedance: 6 Ohms
- Recommended music power: 20-250W
- Dimensions: 1025 x 180 x 260mm
- Dimensions: 40.35 x 7.1 x 10.25in
- Detachable outrigger feet: 8 x 40 x 140mm, M8 threaded
- Screw-on carpet spikes: 1.25" diameter x 1.5" tall
- Includes stainless steel floor disc for each foot
- Net weight: 25kg / 55lbs each
(Summed complex nearfield below ~350Hz.)