A high performance LCR speaker
Conventional center speakers limit clean, off-axis dispersion and may be difficult to hear. The 4th-generation Chane A2.4 left, center, and right (LCR) speaker is specifically optimized for wide, even dispersion and natural acoustical dynamics and soundstage.
The A2.4's special aligned array greatly improves dispersion linearity. On-axis and short-axis response is +/-3dB, and long-axis response within a 40 degree arc is +/- 5dB. Time behavior has also been optimized for extraordinary focus. Along with other upgrades, the 2.4 has excellent clarity, outstanding three-dimensional imaging and focus, and explosive dynamic headroom.
Powerful and versatile
The A2.4's rotatable flat leaf tweeter suits vertical or horizontal use - one model becomes a powerful option for left, center, and right channels. Either way, the tandem 5.25" SplitGap midwoofers with XBL2 technology are precisely summed with the flat panel tweeter for extremely linear and predictable on and off-axis response.
- As large stereo monitors, twin A2.4s sound powerful and clean, even at elevated levels.
- As a center speaker, the A2.4 has excellent intelligibility and exceptionally linear response through a wide region.
- A trio of new Chane A2.4 speakers anchor the three main front audio channels for an enormous, seamless front soundfield and the foundation of impressive home theater action.
Two bass tuning options then convert the A2.4 between either stand-alone, full range use or classic 80Hz subwoofer integration. Full-range, the A2.4's aerodynamically-flared rear port reinforces low frequencies. It's designed for high flow at low velocity and complements the very long throw woofers' high output. Stop the bass port with the included charcoalester foam plug and convert the extended bass reflex tuning to a shallower cutoff in the region of powered subwoofers. Simply add a good quality active bass system for stunning realism and power.
Complements the Chane system
The A2.4 speaker shares drivers and acoustics with the rest of the Chane line, allowing you to mix and match easily. This model is also finished in simulated black ash over heavy braced cabinetry, and includes detachable black fabric grilles with stainless steel pegs. Gold-plated input terminals accommodate all common connection types.
The versatile A2.4 has the power and precision to fulfill demanding home theater and music system needs in a performance category well above its web-direct price.
- 1.25" x 2.25" flat panel leaf tweeter
- Uniform, high-output thermoplastic diaphragm
- High energy Neodymium motor
- Very high frequency extension to over 30kHz
- Higher output and power handling than domes
- Resistive amplifier load for consistent neutrality
- New molded aluminum treble face plate
- Acoustical flare and lens for flatter, smoother response
- Improved acoustic phasing and design integration
- Twin 135mm/5.25" high-excursion SplitGap mid-woofers with XBL2 motors
- Exotic, licensed technology for very long, linear cone excursion
- Distortion reduced over 50% versus conventional drivers
- Critically-damped natural cellulose fiber cone for exceptional resolution
- Copper SplitGap ring and short, underhung voice coil improve responsiveness
- Aluminum frames and enormous, twin-gapped, double-ventilated motors
- High thermal capacity for reliable, high output
- Chane's 0.4 series precision dividing network
- Optimized dispersion across big, 80x40-degree window revolutionizes focus for affordable MTM* speakers
- Exceptional acoustical synchronization enhances transient response, "voice", and dynamics
- Unprecedentedly uniform sound for 3-speaker, LCR front speaker arrays
- Very heavy-gauge inductors and special non-inductive resistors improve frequency extremes
- Heavy foil, epoxy circuit boards for high electrical integrity
- 100% soldered board and lead technique for long life
- Convertible bass reflex acoustic alignment with included port plug
- Large diameter acoustically-flared rear port for low coloration
- Heavy 18mm braced construction for quieter, blacker soundscapes
- Heavyweight internal damping
- Handsome seamless simulated black ash PVC finish
- Includes detachable low diffraction black fabric grille with stainless steel pegs and low resonance rubber cups
- Heavy gold-plated five-way input terminals accept common cable terminations
- Packed as pairs in heavy foam cradles and triple-wall cartons
- Includes Chane Music & Cinema's 30-day in-home satisfaction guarantee
- Five year warranty