Arx Speaker Combination Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arx Speaker Combination Recommendation

Hi guys! I'm planning on upgrading my current HT setup and was looking for a little help on which Arx speaker combination to go for. Here are the details:

- 14' x 16' x 8' carpeted room
    - SVS PC-2000 Sub
    - Marantz SR6009 receiver
    - Main use is for movies and tv
    - Seating position is 10' from speakers

I'm interested in a pair of speakers for a 2.1 setup but not sure which Arx speaker would be the best for my room size and use :
    - A1rx-c --> Not enough output?
    - A2rx-c --> I don't mind rotating the tweeter.
    - A3rx-c --> Would this sound like a pair of the A2rx-c's? Should I just move up to the A5rx-c?
    - A5rx-c --> It is out of stock but I can wait. Read about a possible A7/L7. Should I just wait?

Thanks in advance!

YC

I believe a set of A3's would fit properly if you are planning to listen at normal levels.

A1's may run into times of distortion with louder scenarios.
    A5's may be more than you need. The A5's have a higher threshold for distortion. If you don't listen at ear bleeding levels, you probably won't need the A5's.

Comment

It looks like your amp could drive whatever Chane Arx speaker you choose. I used the A1's with a sub for TV/ Movies and music for several months while I waited for my A5's to be built and delivered. I found the A1's to be very impressive and exceed my expectations, both in sound quality and ability to handle power. That being said I love the A5's that I am now using for HT/ Music listening, being another level of fullness that envelopes you for HT and music. All the Chane speakers you ask about deliver a very clean true sound. The A3's are in a tower very much the same as the A5's so the speakers are at a good height for seated listening. (no stand needed as the A2's or A1's may need). The A3's could be a good choice. I use the A5rx-c's for everything from regular TV, HT and love them for stereo music listening. They will pretty much go as loud as you want (or can stand) in your size room. Whatever you decide I think you will be pleased. Enjoy the GOODSOUND.:)

Comment

It seems that the A3s will be sufficient. Buford mentioned that the rxc version is very close to the A5s and unless you have a lot of critical listening, I remember he suggested going with the A3s. Based on your post you'll be using them mostly for movies and TV (not a lot of "critical" listening, I guess). Also, the A2s plus the cost of stands will bring you closer to the A3's price point.

I recall the A7/L7 is designed to be the A5s bigger brother. And I recall the price point will be much higher than the A5s (1.5k to 2k, I think).
        Last edited by D'Argo; 09-08-2015, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Actually what I have read says that the A3's are more musical and that they are recommended over the A5 except when needing to energize a bigger space or needing more volume that won't distort.
          Last edited by gdstupak; 09-09-2015, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the responses. Looks like A3's or A5's are the top recommendation. I'm leaning towards the A5's so that I can use them for a larger space in case we move.

Now just got to wait for them to get back in stock!

Thanks again!

Comment

The A5's are going through an update process. Hopefully the new version will be available very soon.

Comment

The A5 did get updated this year to the A5-rxc, as far as I knew they are just sold out at the moment, for the price/performance I can understand them being sold out.

Originally posted by gdstupak View Post
                The A5's are going through an update process. Hopefully the new version will be available very soon.

Comment

creimes77,

In other online forums, Jon Lane has said that this latest A5-rxc is going through another small update. More details should be available once his new site is operable.

I do not know whether the current A5-rxc's will be back in stock soon, or if they have been discontinued until the next updated A5-rxc is available.

Comment

Hmmm... I hope the update won't delay the availability of the A5's. The website says "Fall 2015".

Comment

Cool, I never heard of this but good to know

Originally posted by gdstupak View Post
                      creimes77,

In other online forums, Jon Lane has said that this latest A5-rxc is going through another small update. More details should be available once his new site is operable.

I do not know whether the current A5-rxc's will be back in stock soon, or if they have been discontinued until the next updated A5-rxc is available.

Comment

Yep, I am also sitting back waitng for the new A5's and any new features they will have :biglaugh:.

I think around Oct/Nov I heard they may be ready.

Comment

Working...
                        X