New Chane A1.4 and A2.4 preliminary information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Chane A1.4 and A2.4 preliminary information

UPDATE JUNE 1st: The new A1.4 and A2.4 clear production mid-July. Pre-ordering will open mid-June.

The product pages for the exciting new Chane A1.4 and A2.4 are now online.

Chane A1.4

Chane A2.4

Both models feature a number of updates, and in one case, a unique solution to an old problem. Click through for more information.

Production has begun, and we'll publish the product arrival schedule here and elsewhere as soon as we have it. Externally the A1.4 and A2.4 are virtually unchanged, but internally include a variety of enhancements.

First, the new Chane A1.4.

• New aluminum treble faceplate and waveguide for 2016
      • Very high frequency extension to 32.5kHz
      • Improved acoustical phasing and flatter response
      • Improved integration with midbass drivers

• 135mm high-excursion SplitGap midwoofer with XBL2 motor
      • Improved sensitivity and linearity for 2016
      • Very long, linear cone excursion
      • Distortion reduced over 50% versus conventional drivers
      • Aluminum frames, damped cones, and double-ventilated motors
      • High thermal capacity for reliable, high output

The new model A1.4 is 10mm shallower and 10mm shorter than the A1rx-c. Bass extension has been reduced while sensitivity has been increased. Click the Features and Specifications tabs at the product page for more.

Next, the new Chane A2.4. The features above have been applied to the A2.4 as well, which also includes the following:

• Chane's new 2016 0.4 series precision dividing network
      • Audibly improved dispersion across big, 40-degree listening window (long axis)
      • Exceptional acoustical synchronization enhances transient response, "voice", and dynamics
      • Revolutionizes dispersion and focus for affordable MTM speakers
      • Unprecedentedly uniform response for 3-speaker, LCR front speaker arrays
      • Polypropylene capacitors in critical signal areas
      • Heavy-gauge inductors and non-inductive resistors improve frequency extremes

The new A2.4's dimensions are unchanged from the A2rx-c, but the model now includes a substantial evolution of the A2rx-c's crossover. The new crossover technology pays added attention to the acoustical lobing that can reduce sound quality from MTM (symmetrical horizontal midrange-tweeter-midrange) speakers.

Testing and in-field beta review shows the A2.4 to be a capable performer with equal prowess as a center speaker or powerful vertical monitor for main left and right channels. With its outstanding sound quality Chane M&C projects the A2.4 to be a formidable competitor for high performance multi-channel and 2.0 systems.

Look for both models Summer 2016. Chane Music & Cinema has an email list for customers wishing to reserve either model. Email us here. (Very popular outgoing models A1rx-c and A2rx-c have sold out and are discontinued.)

Jon, anymore updates on the A2.4's and the A1.4's? Not trying to stress you, but rather just curious is all. BTW, you had mentioned something about some sort of promo when they do arrive. Is free shipping still in the mix? How about a group buy? There is nothing like saving money on a great product. Feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you would rather discuss it there. Or, I can always give you a call whichever you prefer? Anyways, hope all is well Jon. Just hope to catch up my friend.

Cheers,

Phil
    Tame the PEAKS and minimize the DIPS/NULLS first and YOU will be on YOUR way to bass nirvana!

Comment

UPDATE: 7/4/16. A1.4 and A2.4 roll out w/ low cost shipping.

Early July. The A1.4 and A2.4 clear production approximately Aug 1st, and stock for customer shipping about two weeks after that. These are not yet firm calendar dates, but we will add firm dates as soon as we have them.

An email alert had been sent to reserving customers yesterday, and the website is now accepting early orders for the A1.4 and A2.4. All orders are guaranteed delivery but if we run low, we'll disable the purchase option. I do not expect this to happen.

Please note that all orders - which include the in-stock A3rx-c and A5rx-c - will ship for $19 for a limited time. Nineteen dollars ships your complete Chane speaker system; as many pieces as you desire. This can amount to a savings of hundreds of dollars, which for a product line of such high cost to make, adds even more value. Shipping costs may return to normal as the A1.4 and A2.4 arrive.

A second email will go out just as these models arrive. It will be the second of two emailed alerts.

The website has also been updated in a number of places: Customer reviews are enabled again, easy freight quotes, smoother shopping cart and checkout, the early-order and reservation function, call-for-price on hORNS products, and more. An extensive new Chane speaker landing page will appear later this summer, and will include a wealth of technical information. Individual Chane products will also post measured data for the first time.

Shoppers who wish personal assistance are always encouraged to phone, email, or PM.

And a sincere thank you goes to all customers who have help make Chane such a success. We're indebted to you and you have our pledge to continue to provide excellent value in affordable loudspeaker systems that include higher-tech, solid design, quality construction, and fine tuning. Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Lane View Post
        Early July. The A1.4 and A2.4 clear production approximately Aug 1st, and stock for customer shipping about two weeks after that. These are not yet firm calendar dates, but we will add firm dates as soon as we have them.

An email alert had been sent to reserving customers yesterday, and the website is now accepting early orders for the A1.4 and A2.4. All orders are guaranteed delivery but if we run low, we'll disable the purchase option. I do not expect this to happen.

Please note that all orders - which include the in-stock A3rx-c and A5rx-c - will ship for $19 for a limited time. Nineteen dollars ships your complete Chane speaker system; as many pieces as you desire. This can amount to a savings of hundreds of dollars, which for a product line of such high cost to make, adds even more value. Shipping costs may return to normal as the A1.4 and A2.4 arrive.

A second email will go out just as these models arrive. It will be the second of two emailed alerts.

The website has also been updated in a number of places: Customer reviews are enabled again, easy freight quotes, smoother shopping cart and checkout, the early-order and reservation function, call-for-price on hORNS products, and more. An extensive new Chane speaker landing page will appear later this summer, and will include a wealth of technical information. Individual Chane products will also post measured data for the first time.

Shoppers who wish personal assistance are always encouraged to phone, email, or PM.

And a sincere thank you goes to all customers who have help make Chane such a success. We're indebted to you and you have our pledge to continue to provide excellent value in affordable loudspeaker systems that include higher-tech, solid design, quality construction, and fine tuning. Thank You!

Hey Jon,

I was wanting to inquire about the stock of the A5-rxc, I purchased two of them and an A2-rxc back in January of 2015 and have since built a AT projector screen which all my speakers sit behind and was thinking of maybe replacing the A2-rxc with another A5-rxc as the center speaker. I am up in Canada and with the dollar not sure if I can swing another A5-rxc at the moment but was hoping to get one before they are updated to the next version so I stay the same across the front with the three A5-rxc's. I guess what I'm asking is how much time do I have to do so before you are out of the current A5-rxc.

Chad

Attached Files
        Last edited by creimes77; 10-05-2016, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Fantastic project, creimes77. Ample acoustic horsepower. Let's see another $400, 1000mm speaker do that. :)

A5rx-c are in stock but I can't say when they'll sell through. We should be good for another 6 weeks or so, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Lane View Post
            Fantastic project, creimes77. Ample acoustic horsepower. Let's see another $400, 1000mm speaker do that. :)

A5rx-c are in stock but I can't say when they'll sell through. We should be good for another 6 weeks or so, I think.
            Thanks for the quick response Jon, and yes I'm sure it depends on sales and such haha, I'm really loving my Chane speakers and hands down for the money they can't be beat.

Here's a link for ya if you are interested in more pics of my build, only thing I have left to do is close the sides in with some black fabric I have purchased :)

https://www.flickr.com/gp/creimes750/2r33Q7

Hopefully I can scrounge up the funds, I will have a A2-rxc and some Sanus SF26 stands for sale if I do

Chad

Comment

Working...
            X