A4.4 - questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soilentgreen View Post
    Jon, are you comfortable releasing dimensions on the A6.5 at this time? The A6.5 is also in a sealed box correct? So essentially a horizontal A5.5 with the port sealed.
    The A6.5 is bass reflex, front-ported, and about as compact as it can be and still fit the four drivers. It trades bass extension for more output, rating as much sensitivity as the A5.5 but not as much bass depth.

The A6.5 measures 530 x 260 across the front (21" x 10.25" ), and is 290mm deep, or 11.5".

Comment

Intrigued by the A4.4 as I consider a new front stage. I assume this is going to sit between the 2.4 and 5.4? Any info on specs or when it could be available?

Comment

Originally posted by GriffM View Post
        Intrigued by the A4.4 as I consider a new front stage. I assume this is going to sit between the 2.4 and 5.4? Any info on specs or when it could be available?
        The A4.5 is a long-delayed small onwall effects speaker. A 5.25" midwoofer with our planar treble driver. Slightly wedge-shaped and aimed at users of A1.5 and A2.4 fronts, maybe with some overlap into A5.5-based systems. It allows for a more compact, somewhat lower cost small speaker, with two specialized mounting options built in, for users not deploying the larger A1.5 as their surround and effects speakers.

The design is complete. Production schedule is pending.

Comment

Working...
        X