X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line forms at the rear!!! :D

Comment

• Originally posted by bkeeler10 View Post
      So, it sounds like the L7 design is set in stone and in production. If so, are you ready to share some more design details and pictures and such? Would love to get a better feel for this thing.
      I appreciate the thoughts, bkeeler, I really do. I'm going to hold out until the bitter end, however, because little things find a way stop big things. The challenge isn't design - there are 30 of them - but logistics and supply chain. I want a lot from this program that's not been easy to get.

Once settled we'll tell more about this stuff than we have about anything in the past, but for now we wait. The L7 really only surfaced in public view because they were planned as a larger A5 right after the A5 launched, but as part of a similar series of models.

That all changed. Then it changed again and then again. By now it's all in a better place but part of that is because I'd like to pay forward to all of you who have waited so long. That's where we find ourselves today.

As soon as that breaks through, it'll be here first. Hopefully in detail. ;)

Comment

• Shangrila

Click image for larger version

Name:	jl speaker .jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	78304 what we arew all hoping for :)

Comment

• Originally posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
          what we arew all hoping for :)
          Fantastic. The acoustical size of the big Diva, the Dana's precision, and the plain wrapper of the Chanes.

Nice effort. Your memory is better than mine, too.

(Here's how I see it. ;) )

Comment

• Wow, has it really been a month since the last post! It was just yesterday...boy does time fly!!!

Comment

• Wow, has it really been 2 months since the last post! It was just yesterday...boy does time fly!!!

Comment

• I see what you did there . . . .

:)

Comment

• Guilty!!!:peeping:

Comment

• Oh wow look it's October! Happy autumn! Huh I'm posting this on the L7 thread - this is just a friendly hello to my favorite forum thread in all of internetdom. No ulterior motives hear.... oops I mean here. Well just to updating my fellow lurkers - I'm doing well. Hope Mr. Lane is well too. Working hard. Keeping things going. You know. With speaker things. Like an A7. And an A6. And an Atmos overhead. A dipole surround could be good fun just because, although that's not very atmos-y. AGG I CAN'T STAND THE WAIT I WANT TO SEE IT AND READ REVIEWS AND IMPRESSIONS AND LUST AND COVET AFTER THE BIGGEST CHANE BAD BOY AROUND IVE BEEN WAITING AND WAITING AND IM LOSING IT PLEASE JON FREE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AGG I CANT KEEP UP APPEARANCES ANYMORE IM MAD WITH ENVYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Comment

• Happy Halloween everybody!

I post this here because the L7 is going to be scary awesome!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Quenten View Post
                        Happy Halloween everybody!

You know what would be scary awesome? If it makes it to our shores by Halloween :biglaugh:

Comment

• I only come back once a year...

I only come back once a year or so to check on this thread since I purchased my A3RX-C's that are the heart and should of my 2.1 setup. All I'll say about my experience with Jon's stuff is, they are one of the only 'products' I own, that I will never sell, only move or share with a family member. The surprise me still after all these years, I love them dearly.

That being said, I'm getting ready to split my time with Vermont and Telluride Co, as my daughter is thinking of having a child, so it's time to be more mobile. Of course I need a new set of towers for the great room in the new house, and the L7's, altho still stuff of lore, will fit the bill perfectly. I'd like to be included on any pre-purchase please. Now that's a vote of confidence in your stuff JL, I don't know the price or what they are, but I've got to have them. Great job building a sticky community based on product first. It's tough getting people to stick with brand even when it's long between updates. Says a ton about the product, and thats the bottom line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quenten View Post
                            Happy Halloween everybody!

I am hoping for some pics and info. It's either a project C5 or bigger speakers. I'm curious and excited to know more of what is in store :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Meander View Post
                              Well just to updating my fellow lurkers - I'm doing well. Hope Mr. Lane is well too. Working hard. Keeping things going. You know. With speaker things. Like an A7. And an A6.
                              Originally posted by MikeNap View Post
                              ...that's a vote of confidence in your stuff JL, I don't know the price or what they are, but I've got to have them. Great job building a sticky community based on product first. It's tough getting people to stick with brand even when it's long between updates. Says a ton about the product, and that's the bottom line.
                              Originally posted by powerlifter405 View Post
                              I am hoping for some pics and info. It's either a project C5 or bigger speakers. I'm curious and excited to know more of what is in store :)
                              Very appreciated, folks. Things are moving but really, they should have been here months ago. Referring to this post, we're doing a lot of long range planning and leveraging things that don't easily leverage; that's most of the delay.

Mike, your remark is perceptive - I only do this to strive for an ideal developed a long time ago. The A series is an example of a conscious effort to keep a philosophy front and center and the L series (and other things) are more extreme versions of the A series. I'm also going to start deviating from some tired old industry assumptions about engineering and sound.

We got good news about the L series last week. Although way behind schedule on the production side, evidently persistence pays off because things have broken free. As promised, there'll be more to explain on that as it happens.

Powerlifter, are you looking for a large format speaker?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Lane View Post

Powerlifter, are you looking for a large format speaker?
                                I was thinking the L7 and L6 in a LCR format, then maybe move my A5s to surround duty and then a set of a2.4 for rears mounted on the ceiling. MY SR120 is 7ch so I been thinking of making use of the 2 additional channels.

Comment

Working...
                                X