X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dougnliz View Post
    Will there be more A1.4s available?
    There won't except possibly as trade-ins or used models. Fortunately for surround channels the A1.4 and A1.5 are about as similar as two speakers can be, so you can also mix them without much concern. Use the A1.4 for the pair closest to corners and the A1.5 pair for the positions with the most open surrounding areas. Highpass at 80Hz and try them. We'll stand behind them.

Otherwise, the A4.x onwall effects speaker could be the choice for all four, making the set match perfectly.

Originally posted by dougnliz View Post
    I have one pair for surrounds already and am planning to purchase the L7s and Center for my new HT room which is 23x15. So I'll need another pair to complete my 7.1.4 system.

I'm currently using some 20 year old DefTech towers for my mains so I'm REALLY looking forward to the upgrade.
    Understood. The Ls will not disappoint. They're doing things I never expected, frankly, which comes from how developed the L line is today. The big L6 and L7 models are also a slight design level above the smaller L models. We worked out some interesting design aspects in them and of course the parts across the line are top shelf for any relatively affordable series.
    J. Lane

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
      Understood. The Ls will not disappoint. They're doing things I never expected, frankly, which comes from how developed the L line is today. The big L6 and L7 models are also a slight design level above the smaller L models. We worked out some interesting design aspects in them and of course the parts across the line are top shelf for any relatively affordable series.
      After hearing what the A1.4s can do, I'm eagerly awaiting the Pre-Order for the L Series. If you have a list somewhere please add me to it.

Comment

Will there be more A1.4s available? I have one pair for surrounds already and am planning to purchase the L7s and Center for my new HT room which is 23x15. So I'll need another pair to complete my 7.1.4 system.

I'm currently using some 20 year old DefTech towers for my mains so I'm REALLY looking forward to the upgrade.
        It's funny that you mention that. I'm also awaiting L7/L6's for my mains, replacing 20 year old DefTech towers. I actually bought a pair of A 1.4's to eventually move to surrounds. I also bought them since one of my powered woofer amps was humming on startup. The hum was getting worse and the amps are out of stock until April, so I've been using the A 1.4's as temporary mains. I miss towers for music (don't always use subs), but the A1.4's do a super job integrating with my subs for movies. Going from a small "A" bookshelf to a large "L" tower should be incredible. After hearing a friend's system with a much larger center channel also has me really looking forward to the L6.

Comment

• So Jon, do the a6 and a 7 go to production for V day? Everything you say makes me more excited

Comment

After hearing what the A1.4s can do, I'm eagerly awaiting the Pre-Order for the L Series. If you have a list somewhere please add me to it.
            Originally posted by Spidacat View Post
            It's funny that you mention that. I'm also awaiting L7/L6's for my mains, replacing 20 year old DefTech towers.
            Originally posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
            So Jon, do the a6 and a 7 go to production for V day? Everything you say makes me more excited
            Hi folks,

There's a new L6/7 thread here to gauge pre-production interest. We're hearing wonderful things from them and, after weathering a driver delay and a driver upgrade and swap - it's always something, isn't it? - we're wrapping up designs and approvals this month. There will not be a ETA or a EOP or even a start-production date announced until we have them and we're reasonably assured they're true and reliable. (If I fall off a pier tomorrow none of this happens, so there we have it. )

Normally I'd rather say nothing about any of this but because the original A7 gained so much interest (a very long time ago) and then morphed into a new thing entirely, I have been updating our progress. Frankly, I'd like all this to be between us kids, so kindly don't commit me to anything out there until we can ourselves. All in due time, all in due time.

Please feel free to join the new thread. It's there because we'd naturally like to get a sense if our first production numbers are adequate. You can help. Again: we'll announce more when we have it in the can, and we'll post a new product channel when we're well underway but before we dock this exciting new stuff. Thanks for being aboard!
            J. Lane

Comment

• Interested in the L7.

Comment

• Interested in the L7 or possibly L-series standmounters for sure! Any word on pricing? You mentioned that the L7 would cost about twice as much as the A5.4 in your first post to the thread, but not sure if that's still accurate.

Very exciting!
                New system: Perpetually being researched!

Comment

Working...
                X