This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by powerlifter405 View Post
    Will a full line up in the L series be released together; towers, center and rears
    Not together, no.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161125_162739.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	78297

Not the final posts but you get the idea.

Comment

:peeping:

So... Do I ask about eta now and pi$$ the wife off or do I have a bit of time to squander some cash away, and pi$$ her off later. I suppose I say that loosely as she rolls her eyes at which time it's discussed my toys have can t$ts or amplification, go boom or vroom. I always get 3 out of 4 so I can't complain ;)

Is it safe to say this is still the center companion for the L7 towers?

Comment

Do I ask about eta now and pi$$ the wife off or do I have a bit of time to squander some cash away, and pi$$ her off later...Is it safe to say this is still the center companion for the L7 towers?
          L6 is indeed the center channel companion for the L7. It's probably best I not ETA it any more specifically than Q1 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Lane View Post
            L6 is indeed the center channel companion for the L7. It's probably best I not ETA it any more specifically than Q1 2017.

Jon, will the L6 be used like the A2.4's? In other words, can the L6 be used as a LRC speakers application? As you know, I love a MTM design. Just love my A2.4's across the front so no real hurry to replace them anytime soon. Having a nicer finish is a good thing, but I am more about performance. Personally, I like the way my A2.4's look. Anyways, just curious is all Jon. It sounds like you are going to get most, if not all, of my money I put into this hobby during 2017 and beyond........LOL!!!!! Have a great day Jon!

Cheers,

Phil
            Tame the PEAKS and minimize the DIPS/NULLS first and YOU will be on YOUR way to bass nirvana!

Comment

Originally posted by speakerman49 View Post
              Jon, will the L6 be used like the A2.4's? In other words, can the L6 be used as a LRC speakers application?
              Hi Phil,

Owing to it being a three-way, five driver array, the L6 is bigger than the A2.4. In order to keep it as low as possible as a horizontal center, it's proportioned to be substantially longer. It can be stood vertically - and will work like gangbusters that way too - but it then becomes a fairly narrow "stand tower" and the tipping factor rises. Ideally it'd be used on some really substantial stands, like roughly 18" Sound Anchors with spikes and a lot of mass.

Of course at that point the L7 comes back into play too, which borrows very similar tech, saves hundreds on stands, is footed better, and has yet more acoustical size.

Both use alignment tech like the A2.4 does, so either make a really big, black, spacious soundfield. You'll probably like the sound (but cost could be another matter. I may have to do a group buy...)

Comment

Hi Phil,

Owing to it being a three-way, five driver array, the L6 is bigger than the A2.4. In order to keep it as low as possible as a horizontal center, it's proportioned to be substantially longer. It can be stood vertically - and will work like gangbusters that way too - but it then becomes a fairly narrow "stand tower" and the tipping factor rises. Ideally it'd be used on some really substantial stands, like roughly 18" Sound Anchors with spikes and a lot of mass.

Of course at that point the L7 comes back into play too, which borrows very similar tech, saves hundreds on stands, is footed better, and has yet more acoustical size.

Both use alignment tech like the A2.4 does, so either make a really big, black, spacious soundfield. You'll probably like the sound (but cost could be another matter. I may have to do a group buy...)

Jon, as you know I have not been much of a tower guy in the past. However, it may be time that I take a closer look at the L7's once they are released. After getting the Linbrooks and realizing just how BIG and heavy they really were, I think it would have been much better to opt for towers instead. Sounds like that may be the case with the L6/L7. In the meantime, enjoying my A2.4's as we speak! Thanks for the info! Have a great day!

Cheers,

Phil
                Tame the PEAKS and minimize the DIPS/NULLS first and YOU will be on YOUR way to bass nirvana!

Comment

Originally posted by speakerman49 View Post
                  Jon, will the L6 be used like the A2.4's? In other words, can the L6 be used as a LRC speakers application? As you know, I love a MTM design. Just love my A2.4's across the front so no real hurry to replace them anytime soon. Having a nicer finish is a good thing, but I am more about performance. Personally, I like the way my A2.4's look. Anyways, just curious is all Jon. It sounds like you are going to get most, if not all, of my money I put into this hobby during 2017 and beyond........LOL!!!!! Have a great day Jon!

Cheers,

Phil

Oops wrong post quote haha

Comment

Hi Phil,

Hmmmmm group buy hey lol, maybe I will keep my A2rx-c for now and try and sell that and my A5rx-c's to get in on this, any time frame on pictures and info on the L7's

Three of them behind my screen sounds good :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by creimes77 View Post

Three of them behind my screen sounds good :cool:
                      Yes, yes it does! :D

Comment

Hi Phil,

Will there be a notice of a pending group buy via email? If I know in advance I'd like to maybe go L6 for a center since I'm seeing it as the big brother to the A2.4 and L7 for my towers. I love my current arrangement I just want more volume/larger sound stage.

Comment

Will there be a notice of a pending group buy via email?
                          It'll appear here.

Comment

It'll appear here.
                            Sounds good.

Comment

Sounds good.
                              Thank you for the support, PL. There'll be more to come...

Comment

I'm going to have this subforum moved into the general forum today. We're going to simplify the forums this December, so if you're following this thread and you get a emailed notice of these comments, the next time you join this conversation it'll be in the regular forum.

I should also make some general comments there about where I want to take Chane in 2017. I feel I owe Chane customers solid information, and since what we're looking at is so interesting, as soon as it takes form I want to pass that information on to this group. There actually is a reason why the L series has taken so long, and it's related to an internal mandate that we capitalize on both sides of the production problem; very high QC and value on one hand, plus premium performance and unique technologies on the other.

We're working this equation now and I hope to share more about what it means for you early next year.

Chane wishes all of you a happy holiday season. We're grateful to have you as friends and customers.

Comment

Working...
                                X