This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by powerlifter405 View Post
    If I'm understanding correctly there will be two separate product lines to choose from in the future?
    Yes, at least two.

Comment

• Will they comfortable co-mingle?

L6-center, L7 towers w/ A2's for the rears?

Comment

• Originally posted by powerlifter405 View Post
        Will they comfortable co-mingle?

L6-center, L7 towers w/ A2's for the rears?
        They will mix well but the L7 and L6 will have their own rears.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Lane View Post
          They will mix well but the L7 and L6 will have their own rears.
          Ok. Just trying to consider cost vs need. I want the larger L6 center and L7 towers and am considering upping to the A2's for the rear four channels for movie night vs the Arx A1 I have currently.

Comment

• ETA

Jon

Do you think the L7 in the next 3 months?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
              Do you think the L7 in the next 3 months?
              Yes I do. Updates will appear here.

Comment

• Thanks for the update Jon. I know you must be dying to have us hear these things. Kinda like Christmas in reverse!

Comment

• Speaker Eval

Hey Jon, Sonnie has started a new forum:

http://www.avnirvana.com

He's doing another speaker eval, planning June/July. Has anybody asked if you want to participate again. You know how much we appreciated the A5's in that 1st eval. Do you think you will have a demo model in time for that? Wayne tells me he has been following them closely, but I haven't heard anything new from him. I would really love to see them début with us! Actually, I can't hardly stand the waiting!!! :sax::littlegroup:

Comment

• Originally posted by Quenten View Post

He's doing another speaker eval, planning June/July. Has anybody asked if you want to participate again. You know how much we appreciated the A5's in that 1st eval. Do you think you will have a demo model in time for that? Wayne tells me he has been following them closely, but I haven't heard anything new from him. I would really love to see them début with us! Actually, I can't hardly stand the waiting!!! :sax::littlegroup:
                    Oh, that would be the perfect debut wouldn't it?! You guys are the ones that put Chane (Arx) on the map for me with that comparison at HTS and to have you guys be the first to hear them would be totally appropriate. I hope Jon can make this happen :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Quenten View Post

He's doing another speaker eval, planning June/July. Has anybody asked if you want to participate again. You know how much we appreciated the A5's in that 1st eval. Do you think you will have a demo model in time for that?
                      That's fantastic news, Quenten. It's great to hear this confirmed. HTS did a great job of setting up a room and system, arranging a panel, and reporting real-world findings.

HTS deployed a rare combination of factors these days, when so much chat is hearsay, speculation, and favoritism. Getting a panel of experts in front of dozens of real systems in a well set up environment is the only way to evaluate, especially when the panel is allowing for the objective, natural sound of real material and not just the "more midrange" or "better bass" of a hifi store demo wall.

A couple HTS alum had asked us for samples and I feel Chane owes them as much cooperation as we can. They're genuinely interested, smart guys. The L series and other projects have been trying for Chane - I feel we're reinventing ID speaker quality and value right now - because retooling an entire supply chain for the future isn't easy, but once our final prototypes are in we'll definitely be in contact.

Thanks for the note - really appreciated and good to see the guys back at it. There's definitely a market of curious music and cinema enthusiasts for it.

Comment

• once our final prototypes are in we'll definitely be in contact.
                        Thanks for the kind words Jon. I for one hope you can make it in. If not we'll make it up later as I'm sure Wayne, or Dennis, or...well we have a great crew and I'm sure anyone of them would happily give them the once over (or twice or thrice!). Then to come by my house for another round! If you can't make it in, I understand. Speakers are one of things that you don't want to put out before they are ready. 1st impressions are just too critical. And if I know Sonnie, there will be another shoot out before much longer. A lot of people came by to read & talk about those evals. Word travels fast now days, and these evals were a pretty hot topic. I still see links around various forums to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Lane View Post
                          That's fantastic news, Quenten. It's great to hear this confirmed. HTS did a great job of setting up a room and system, arranging a panel, and reporting real-world findings.

HTS deployed a rare combination of factors these days, when so much chat is hearsay, speculation, and favoritism. Getting a panel of experts in front of dozens of real systems in a well set up environment is the only way to evaluate, especially when the panel is allowing for the objective, natural sound of real material and not just the "more midrange" or "better bass" of a hifi store demo wall.

A couple HTS alum had asked us for samples and I feel Chane owes them as much cooperation as we can. They're genuinely interested, smart guys. The L series and other projects have been trying for Chane - I feel we're reinventing ID speaker quality and value right now - because retooling an entire supply chain for the future isn't easy, but once our final prototypes are in we'll definitely be in contact.

Thanks for the note - really appreciated and good to see the guys back at it. There's definitely a market of curious music and cinema enthusiasts for it.
                          Most of the old crew from HTS is at AVN now, so there will be a lot of familiar faces over there (myself included). Stop by when you can. I think you'll like what you find.

If you take yourself too seriously, expect me to do the exact opposite

Comment

• Originally posted by theJman View Post
                            Most of the old crew from HTS is at AVN now, so there will be a lot of familiar faces over there (myself included). Stop by when you can. I think you'll like what you find.
                            Hi Jim, good to see you here. I've registered at AVN. Looking forward...

Comment

• Just hoping for an update! Just hoping!!!

Comment

• Believe me, it'll appear here first. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X