Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A4.4 - questions

Hey Jon,

Loving my 5 channel setup I got in the first group buy this year. With your 18 inch sub and the amp it’s a fantastic setup. I have a few questions going forward:

1) How long till the A4.4? Size/depth? I am itching to go to 7 channel surround and will not be able to accommodate the A1 for my sides.

2) If I got another 18 sub what would be your recommendation for setup wiring wise?

Thanks in advance!

Jarryd

I believe Jon said production will start in Feb 2019 for the A4.4. So we might get some more details in Jan. I am waiting as well. I am going to get some A4.4 for my front heights and possible replace my surrounds with A4.4 as well.

Comment

A4.4

I'd really have liked to see some Atmos speakers instead. I ended up having to buy Elac Atmos speakers to top my A 5.4s.

Comment

The A4.4 (and A6.4) go to final sign-off in January. Production will coordinate after that. Our typical lead time is 70-90 days after order.

Wiring another sub depends on which sub (and amplifier) are involved. Typically the second bass speaker is driven with the signal driving the first. Some AVRs have twin LFE ports too.
        J. Lane

Comment

Originally posted by Vance View Post
          I'd really have liked to see some Atmos speakers instead. I ended up having to buy Elac Atmos speakers to top my A 5.4s.
          I'm not sure if any IDs or small brands offer Atmos products, Vance. The assumption is probably that the cost doesn't deliver enough return for lower-volume sellers.
          J. Lane

Comment

I have the SBE-118 and Chane 3600 amp currently. Basically just run the amp in 2 channel mode with a channel to each sub? Sufficient power to run both?

What is the 6.4?

Comment

Originally posted by jdb884 View Post
              I have the SBE-118 and Chane 3600 amp currently. Basically just run the amp in 2 channel mode with a channel to each sub? Sufficient power to run both?
              I'd use one sub per channel. Tons of available current for each SBE118.

What is the 6.4?
              A larger center speaker.
              J. Lane

Comment

Would it be reasonable to build a DIY sub like a Ultimax 18 ad run it off the amp as my second sub? Is there much performance gain going to the ultimate?

Currently my rear surrounds for 5.1 are the A1.4... in my room it would be easier to use them as my rears and use the A4.4 for my sides (depending how much shallower they are.) Would this be reasonable? How is the A4.4 going to sound in comparison? Is it mostly low frequency that are lost in this cabinet and having crossover set properly it will make no difference?

Sorry for all all the questions but appreciate the quick responses!

Comment

Would it be reasonable to build a DIY sub like a Ultimax 18 ad run it off the amp as my second sub? Is there much performance gain going to the ultimate?
                  Provided you can EQ it to a similar response you can add it. There won't be a discernible difference in sound unless the driving amplifier overdrives either bass speaker.

Currently my rear surrounds for 5.1 are the A1.4... in my room it would be easier to use them as my rears and use the A4.4 for my sides (depending how much shallower they are.) Would this be reasonable? How is the A4.4 going to sound in comparison? Is it mostly low frequency that are lost in this cabinet and having crossover set properly it will make no difference?
                  It's mostly the low frequencies that are different so setting the A4.4 to small makes it very close to the A1.4.
                  J. Lane

Comment

W/ time and labor is it really cost effective? Considering the price of the Chane sub, I can't see going DIY as being a better bang for the buck.
                    I've yet to find a DIY that is cheaper than the 329 especially if you factor in the Chane is ready the moment it arrives. Good luck either way

Comment

Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
                      Provided you can EQ it to a similar response you can add it. There won't be a discernible difference in sound unless the driving amplifier overdrives either bass speaker.
                      Good point, on AVS I've read a few threads of complaints of this type when guys are using mix and match subs.

Comment

Any news on A4.4 sign off and production? I would like to order another sub to go with my single but would love to have them ship together...

Comment

Any news on A4.4 sign off and production? I would like to order another sub to go with my single but would love to have them ship together...
                          The A4.4 and A6.4 are next up for final design and sign-off after the current L models are approved. They should be cleared first half of March and then sent to the factory.

We'll receive an order of A1.5 and A2.4 next, followed by the A4.4 and A6.4 early summer. I wish it were sooner; the combination of design tasks and production load has us going 7 days a week to keep up.
                          J. Lane

Comment

Can't wait to see the price range of the 4.4. Had initially intended to get the SVS Elevation but $200/speaker is nuts for what it is. I would highly prefer to round out the system with four 4.4's as my height/Atmos speakers for a complete 5.1.4 Chane system. Going to sit out the 6.4 for now, the 2.4 is great but more importantly, I am pushing my luck real hard with the wife!

Comment

Originally posted by boomhower View Post
                              Can't wait to see the price range of the 4.4.
                              Trying for under $300 a pair...
                              J. Lane

Comment

Working...
                              X