X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Originally posted by jdb884 View Post
    Jon did these ever make it to production?
    We'll have pre-production copies for photography within days. From there we build a production order, likely including the new A6.5 center.

Also for some reason the main site never seems to work for me lately.
    It should be fine - just upgraded a bunch of stuff and it takes time to propagate and settle in again.

Leave a comment:

• jdb884
    replied
    Jon did these ever make it to production?

Also for some reason the main site never seems to
    work for me lately.

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Originally posted by GoZags View Post
    I hope the 4.4 specs and images arenít packaged with the mueller report, we may never see them! Jk

any word?
    We'll be sure to post everything when it's final...

Leave a comment:

• GoZags
    replied
    I hope the 4.4 specs and images arenít packaged with the mueller report, we may never see them! Jk

any word?

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    The A4.4 has been on the table this week, and assuming it's completed soon, will move to production before long. The A6.4 should join it. More soon...

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Originally posted by GoZags View Post
    Unless I am not seeing it elsewhere, are there images and/or dimensions of the 4.4?
    Not just yet. They'll go up next month, along with the A6.4.

Leave a comment:

• GoZags
    replied
    Price sounds good....

Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
    Trying for under $300 a pair...

Unless I am not seeing it elsewhere, are there images and/or dimensions of the 4.4?
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Originally posted by boomhower View Post
    Can't wait to see the price range of the 4.4.
    Trying for under $300 a pair...

Leave a comment:

• boomhower
    replied
    Can't wait to see the price range of the 4.4. Had initially intended to get the SVS Elevation but $200/speaker is nuts for what it is. I would highly prefer to round out the system with four 4.4's as my height/Atmos speakers for a complete 5.1.4 Chane system. Going to sit out the 6.4 for now, the 2.4 is great but more importantly, I am pushing my luck real hard with the wife!

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Any news on A4.4 sign off and production? I would like to order another sub to go with my single but would love to have them ship together...
    The A4.4 and A6.4 are next up for final design and sign-off after the current L models are approved. They should be cleared first half of March and then sent to the factory.

We'll receive an order of A1.5 and A2.4 next, followed by the A4.4 and A6.4 early summer. I wish it were sooner; the combination of design tasks and production load has us going 7 days a week to keep up.

Leave a comment:

• jdb884
    replied
    Any news on A4.4 sign off and production? I would like to order another sub to go with my single but would love to have them ship together...

Leave a comment:

• powerlifter405
    replied
    Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
    Provided you can EQ it to a similar response you can add it. There won't be a discernible difference in sound unless the driving amplifier overdrives either bass speaker.
    Good point, on AVS I've read a few threads of complaints of this type when guys are using mix and match subs.

Leave a comment:

• powerlifter405
    replied
    Would it be reasonable to build a DIY sub like a Ultimax 18 ad run it off the amp as my second sub? Is there much performance gain going to the ultimate?
    W/ time and labor is it really cost effective? Considering the price of the Chane sub, I can't see going DIY as being a better bang for the buck.
    I've yet to find a DIY that is cheaper than the 329 especially if you factor in the Chane is ready the moment it arrives. Good luck either way

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Would it be reasonable to build a DIY sub like a Ultimax 18 ad run it off the amp as my second sub? Is there much performance gain going to the ultimate?
    Provided you can EQ it to a similar response you can add it. There won't be a discernible difference in sound unless the driving amplifier overdrives either bass speaker.

Currently my rear surrounds for 5.1 are the A1.4... in my room it would be easier to use them as my rears and use the A4.4 for my sides (depending how much shallower they are.) Would this be reasonable? How is the A4.4 going to sound in comparison? Is it mostly low frequency that are lost in this cabinet and having crossover set properly it will make no difference?
    It's mostly the low frequencies that are different so setting the A4.4 to small makes it very close to the A1.4.

Leave a comment:

• jdb884
    replied

Currently my rear surrounds for 5.1 are the A1.4... in my room it would be easier to use them as my rears and use the A4.4 for my sides (depending how much shallower they are.) Would this be reasonable? How is the A4.4 going to sound in comparison? Is it mostly low frequency that are lost in this cabinet and having crossover set properly it will make no difference?

Sorry for all all the questions but appreciate the quick responses!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X