Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logos are incredibly subjective, and I assumed that Jon was personally attached...
    I have no issue with it whatsoever, and I don't let the crowd guide my opinions.
    I can't say that I've ever disliked a small visual so much that I would want to have it removed. Anyways...

Speakers with either horizontal or vertical placement generally (from my experience) have the logo plate unattached so that it be affixed in the correct orientation by the user (depending how they have it placed).
    Last edited by Torque; 08-12-2019, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Hello Jon, my dear old friend
      I've come to ask you once again
      Because a vision softly creeping
      Left its seeds of L's while I was sleeping
      And the vision that was planted in my brain
      Still remains
      to break the sound of silence

In restless dreams I hear alone
      A stage so wide and wonderus tone
      'Neath the feeling of a bass so sweet
      I turned my ears to listen complete
      When my mind was embraced by a sound so pure
      That my spirit soared
      And broke the sound of silence

So give us pictures now to see
      and a time to order from thee
      People waiting with open arms
      People waiting without alarm
      People wanting Chanes so heaven they may share
      We all care
      Please Disturb our sounds of silence

Comment

• You're a poet but don't know it. You can't rush a good thing!

Comment

• A little poetic motivation can't hurt. Can it?

Waiting to listen to The Sounds of Silence on the new L7s.

Comment

• That's good, 1st Time Caller. I'm speechless.

I'd love to fill up this thread with the good stuff but I'm going to hold off for fear of jinxing something. I'll say only that all production meetings are complete and we're just double-checking volume planning, meaning what fits into where once we move into, well, moving product. Every aspect is a little different so everyone's being a little more careful.

We're working with four major factories now, and a dozen major technologies within that structure. I'm going to err on the side of caution and let them do what they do before I chime in. Photos and text and content come next - had a nice chat with the web guys today too.

Nice effort you guys, and here's to our own efforts paying off before long. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

• Meander
              Originally posted by Meander View Post
              Mr. Lane,

Please forgive me in advance, but I have a very petty question to ask I'm not a huge fan of the existing logo and would prefer it to not be a part of the speaker grill (my a2rxcs do not have the logo, but my a1.4 (1.5s?) do. I don't mind the presence of a logo on the grill, I actually would like people who visit my home to know about Chane, but I can't help but admit I'd prefer no logo to the current one. But I'm looking for these to be a "higher end" purchase, and I hate to say the current logo seems out of place, at least to me.

I know that makes me sound like a snobbish ass, and it is a highly subjective issue, and I don't want to give offense; but I admit appearances (including the speaker finish) matter to me when spending more on speakers that I hope will be with me for some time.

So I suppose the question is: Will the current logo be placed on the speaker grill? Can it be removed easily or ordered without the logo?

I admire your work immensely and have been more than happy with my existing purchase. I'm looking forward to seeing images of the new models!
              Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-08-15_15-33-43.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.6 KB ID:	114307

Just glue something else on it.

Comment

• [Post deleted for getting my knickers in a bunch over something minor and being a phallus generally.]
                Last edited by Meander; 09-15-2019, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• That's not cool. You're punishing the manufacturer for opinions of other people on a forum?
                  I thought that Jon's response was very respectful, and he explained the rationale for the logo.
                  A bigger company wouldn't give it any real contemplation.
                  Also, you could have messaged and not made it a public situation.
                  I'm sure that he would have politely given the same response, but only to you.
                  Think about it though. He's personally invested in every minutia of the company.
                  You basically said that you disliked an aspect of his work so much that you prefer no branding.
                  Anyways, not crapping on you, but I don't think that your approach is fair.

I see. Simply wanted to know if current logo was on grill or easily removable. Didnít need the sarcasm.

Please remove me from the waitlist. Someone else can enjoy the speakers, Iím sure they will be excellent. But there are plenty of other fish in this sea.

Best wishes and thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meander View Post
                    I see. Simply wanted to know if current logo was on grill or easily removable. Didnít need the sarcasm.

Please remove me from the waitlist. Someone else can enjoy the speakers, Iím sure they will be excellent. But there are plenty of other fish in this sea.

I'm sorry if I seemed sarcastic, Meander. That wasn't the intent. Maybe you can be coaxed to reconsider - the sound and value may yet win you over...

Comment

• Quick update:

The L's are in production. ETA to come. Like you I hope it's the usual lead time but regardless, I'll update us as soon as we have the date. Made in the US.

We also have at least four 10" powered sub models in production, which range from 355mm cubes to 380mm cubes. They'll be called the XSG models - acronym for Ex S***l Guys, which is a reference to friends from a former American high end speaker brand who revived some interesting models. The goal is a limited number of extreme values from the final list of a distinguished brand. They'll start under $200 - possibly well under - but as noted, quantities are finite. They're a little gift to the Chane family. We'll detail them here and in the newsletter - join if you haven't; it's on the main site's front page. A teaser:

Click image for larger version

Name:	300.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	114313

Soon I'll also share seven posts on the first two products from another line. Once their photography is in we'll publish everything. It's an interesting story and another very high value option, especially if you're thinking about a large speaker.

Dates will be shared as soon as we have them. Judging from the various signings-off from the production team this week, everything's going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meander View Post

Meander

It is certainly your right as a consumer to buy or not buy as you please. I would hope you are not influenced by random members of the community who poke fun at other people. If it s one thing I have learned in this silly social media world is to have a thick skin. I found Jons response (the only one that really matters) to you very straight forward and respectful and indeed removing the Chane from the grill is quite easy. If you meant the boise comment it was not to you at all but a tongue in cheek reference to counterfeiters who play off f major brands (See my Rolix) To Paraphrase Legally Blond, If you let one stupid son of a ***** ruin your life, you are not the man I thought you were.

Comment

• The L's are in production. ETA to come.
                          This is the reason why I check these forums multiple time a day.

Like you I hope it's the usual lead time
                          Generically speaking what is the usual lead time. Is it weeks or months?

Comment

• I'm sorry to see Meander go. Maybe it was an awkward question but as they say, the customer is always right and the atmosphere here is usually friendly enough to ask honest questions. I hope Meander reconsiders. Heck, the L's will be a great product and they are finally close to arriving as well as other surprises!

Glad to hear the L's are in production! Hope the pics and details are just around the corner!

Comment

• Originally posted by blogreader View Post
                              Generically speaking what is the usual lead time. Is it weeks or months?
                              Let's get the firm dates and then circle back. Whatever I estimate is likely to be off by enough to make it moot.

Comment

• So...I'm a little late to the party. Admittedly, I didn't discover the glory of Chane until I started researching speakers for my first home theater. If Meander is serious about leaving the wait list I'll gladly take his place for a pair of L7s and a L6. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X