Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Jon, what are the dimensions of the L3c?

Comment

• Originally posted by butch3217 View Post
      Hey Jon, what are the dimensions of the L3c?
      As a flat center the L3c measures 225mm tall, 520mm wide, and 335mm deep (347mm with magnetic grille). Stood vertically they make a superb stereophonic main speaker too.

Comment

• Do you have the dimensions and the weight of the L6? I'm planning a floating shelf for it under my screen.

Comment

• Originally posted by dougnliz View Post
          Do you have the dimensions and the weight of the L6? I'm planning a floating shelf for it under my screen.
          As a matter of fact I have it right here: 235mm tall, 750mm wide, and also 335mm deep (347mm with magnetic grille). This model is purely a center and while it could be stood upright I'd not recommend it. Too tall and slender.

Comment

• Thanks for the quick reply! Do you also have the weight? I want to make sure a floating shelf will hold it.

Hopefully things are progressing well. I'm excited and looking forwarding to placing my order.

Comment

• I would be interested in a pair of L7 and a L6 if it's not too late to get on the list. A pair of L3 when they come out too.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply! Do you also have the weight? I want to make sure a floating shelf will hold it.
                I don't have the final weight but extrapolating from the A2.4 we could expect something in the 35# range.

Originally posted by dougnliz View Post
                Hopefully things are progressing well. I'm excited and looking forwarding to placing my order.
                Thank you. We're doing well and as noted, will update asap with a complete set of photos of the real things.

Comment

• Jon
                  Do you think we are a week away or a month away? I am leaving for Europe on the 15th for 2 weeks and do not want to miss the initial buy. I am hoping to listen to the glorious sounds of Christmas on them this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
                    Do you think we are a week away or a month away? I am leaving for Europe on the 15th for 2 weeks and do not want to miss the initial buy. I am hoping to listen to the glorious sounds of Christmas on them this year.
                    I don't think we're a week away so you're safe. We're awaiting the schedule and will post it as soon as we have it.

Comment

• Hopefully production started without a hitch and all is well these last 5 weeks or so. Looking forward to that end of production date.

Comment

• Originally posted by kabin View Post
                        Hopefully production started without a hitch and all is well these last 5 weeks or so. Looking forward to that end of production date.
                        Me too - it's well past time. First ten new models are in various states of build, and a bunch are stacked up beyond that.

Speaking of new models, the A5.5 hits the water shortly. We'll offer some nice deals because you guys expect us to. Stay tuned...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

Speaking of new models, the A5.5 hits the water shortly. We'll offer some nice deals because you guys expect us to. Stay tuned...
                          (Checks bank account, checks internet connection, checks mouse battery)

Comment

• Hi Jon,

I'm on the waiting list for the L series, but after reading the description of the A5.5 I'm curious. I have a dedicated theater that's roughly 15 W x 23 L x 7.5 H. I sit 12' from a NON-AT screen, so the speakers are out in the room. I'm wondering if you'd recommend one series over the other for this application in this environment. I'd say I'm 80% HT and 20% music, however that may shift some once I have speakers up to the musical task.

I don't mind waiting the extra time for the L series, if I know I'm picking the right system for my room.

Thanks,
                            Doug

Comment

I'm on the waiting list for the L series, but after reading the description of the A5.5 I'm curious. I have a dedicated theater that's roughly 15 W x 23 L x 7.5 H. I sit 12' from a NON-AT screen, so the speakers are out in the room. I'm wondering if you'd recommend one series over the other for this application in this environment. I'd say I'm 80% HT and 20% music, however that may shift some once I have speakers up to the musical task.

I don't mind waiting the extra time for the L series, if I know I'm picking the right system for my room.
                              I had to give this some thought - the A series has evolved slightly but steadily, and frankly it's a tough act to beat. The A5.5. which lands in about 5 weeks, has become ever more refined and open-sounding, and because of that it's going to be interesting to see how it's received. It looks like an economical, nondescript, Internet-direct black pencil of a speaker but it sounds like a real high end dealer model. Owing to the three SplitGap woofers and the large tweeter it happens to have a lot of acoustical horsepower for its size and cost, and that makes it suited for HT. I never expected to see A5s used in dedicated rooms but apparently they are doing so successfully. We hear about it all the time.

As you know, the L7 is at least an acoustical size class larger. Four 6.5" woofers have substantially more area than three 5.25", and the enclosure nets well over twice the volume. Cone area and cabinet volume is the key determinant of acoustical horsepower so the L7 is far larger, acoustically. The L7 isn't specifically designed for very high power handling, but the combination of all that cone area, twin midrange drivers, and the MTM treble and midrange array give it a noticeably larger sound. It simply has more sophistication and higher fidelity. It projects a soundstage in our space well up into the corners of the room, and while I wouldn't actually call it a dedicated high output large speaker for a dedicated large HT room, if the A5.5 works in one the L7 works even better. Both would need the usual powered sub for true HT but the L7 is simply a lot more sound and even more refined to boot.

That said, if you really want to maximize the HT experience and if you want large floor towers to anchor the front stage - with a large horizontal center to match - stay tuned. The L7/L6 combo isn't the only thing in the works.

You may want to list your electronics, your bass system, and your budget and as this stuff comes to pass we can get a little more detailed about it. I'm sure a lot of folks would be interested to learn more.

Comment

• Thanks for the quick response. Here are the details of my system as it currently stands.

7.1.4 powered by a Marantz SR8012
                                Bass is handled by a SVS PB16 Ultra
                                The sides and rears are A1.2 (currently one pair of these is serving as main duty since they sound way better than my pair of 20 year old Definitive BP2002)
                                Atmos duty is handled by 4 RSL C34E speakers.

As for budget I don't have a specific one in mind, but based on the rough estimates I saw in one of the threads I'm comfortable where the L series should live.
                                Last edited by dougnliz; 10-01-2019, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X