This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BufordTJustice View Post

What amp/AVR are you using? Not saying this is the case, just trying to rule it out.
    Onkyo TX-RZ900. Pure stereo direct mode at present. (bypasses room correction, eq etc.).

Source:
    1. Onkyo CD player.
    2. Amazon Alexa streaming Spotify.
    3. Macbook Air + Topping D50 DAC streaming Tidal Master quality.

Comment

• Hi Folks,

It's time to update you on a few things.

The Chane L Series. We're currently producing the four models noted earlier: L3 is a 6.5" classic large 2-way stand monitor. L3c is its twin 6.5" MTM counterpart for center or vertical L&R channels. The L6 is a large center-only speaker, using a horizontal WMTMW array based on an exotic ceralum woofer and a premium 4.5" midrange. And the L7 is the vertical 7-driver floor speaker using the same drivers as the L6. It also shares the MTM top with the L6. All use the same tweeter and all use the same design rationale and its behaviors.

These models come from a new supplier and are assembled, tested, and fulfilled to you in the US. This being a new supplier we instituted a very detailed and lengthy manufacturing program to fit in and among their other work. I'd like to come back to what that's meant in a moment.

The New Chane 700 Series. I've alluded to a second product series. This morning I reserved space to outline it and what it means in a thread here. This line begins as two models, expands to three as a matched set of multipurpose main, center, and effects speakers, and then expands again to include three more main models. I'm just as excited about this range as the L models because it fills a niche I've been thinking about for a long time - I'm very pleased with where it goes and how it sounds. Only a few people know what this stuff is and one of them has been beta-testing a pair for awhile now. I'll just say that he seems to be enjoying them. I know I did.

Chane Subwoofers. We also have a lot of new bass models in the works, with the smallest and most affordable of them arriving first. The quality is intentionally high but due to our inroads in the industry we're also lowering cost to ensure very high user value. (You all remember The Audio Insider, don't you? Some of these models are specifically insider deals in limited numbers.) A thread here, co-opted from 2018, will go into those particulars before long.

The Details. All of this has taken a long time; much too long, in fact. A lot of that is because the L models went through what would have been two distinct generations of upgrades even before their first production. The other part of the delay has been what I mentioned above; initiating a new supply and a new build and fulfillment method calls for a lot of prep and since I wasn't interested in business as usual, I had to wait out that development.

To repay those of you whose interest started this thread or those of you who have contacted us in the stream of emails and calls we get about these models, I think we'll have to find a way to repay you.

Let's try this. For a long time Chane rolled out new models in the A Series using simple member lists in this forum. Each new model arrived behind a group buy and each group buy entailed a very strong opening value for that model. To run a group buy we'd ask for public reservations.

For the L Series, the 700 Series, the subwoofers, and even for many things beyond them, we elected to simplify introductions and go to a newsletter offering, meaning we're asking everyone to join our mailing list (the entry form appears on our front page.) Offers will issue through newsletter emails. However, given the length of time involved for these new product series, this time I'd like to make a special offer members of the list appearing in the first post of this thread. Please don't do anything yet but be advised that Chane really would like to repay you for your patience.

Do nothing at this point. However, when we open the store for these or other new models I'll invite enlisted readers to PM us for a personal, one-time-use coupon code. As noted before, some of this product not only offers superb performance and value but some of it I'd like to offer as a token of genuine appreciation. Hold your fire but be prepared. If you're still with us we'll do our best to make it worth your while.

What's first? First we need that important EOP date; the end-of-production status that kicks everything off. Right around that time studio photography of each new model arrives and will be added to these threads and to new site product channels. And as soon as we have this locked down we'll ask you to be in contact through your forum PM for a special discount code. Only after that will we announce to the general mailing list, which numbers many of thousands.

That's it for now. Good stuff coming.

Comment

• PM written, mouse pointer hovering over the "send" button ... :D
        New system: Outlaw RR2160 receiver; speakers & subs TBD!

Comment

• Six minutes. That's why we have to give back...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
            L3 is a 6.5" classic large 2-way stand monitor. L3c is its twin 6.5" MTM counterpart for center or vertical L&R channels.
            These two are especially intriguing to me for my upcoming two-channel system (plus subs). Can you provide any details yet on the type of tweeter they'll use? I'm pretty sure the L7 is going to be out of my price range.

The New Chane 700 Series. I've alluded to a second product series.
            Very curious about these... Ultra value line below the A-series? Halo series above the L-series? I'll wait on the thread.

That's it for now. Good stuff coming.
            Can't wait!
            Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by cgramer; 10-21-2019, 12:16 PM. Reason: Spacing issues
            New system: Outlaw RR2160 receiver; speakers & subs TBD!

Comment

• Originally posted by cgramer View Post
              [The L3 and L3c] are especially intriguing to me for my upcoming two-channel system (plus subs). Can you provide any details yet on the type of tweeter they'll use? I'm pretty sure the L7 is going to be out of my price range.
              All L models use a large 29mm ringdome because of what its response offers the design. Since design is the most important determinant of sound - not magic drivers and not abstract measured behavior in one or two domains - we started with it and then selected the treble driver to compliment it. The result is the most open, seamless sound we've made.

From there it turns out that the MTM arrays in the L7 and L3c offer a further expansion of soundfield. The L3c has an overall sound field that is probably the largest versus the speaker's rather modest physical size of all the four L models, although the L7's matches it, just from a larger and therefore more effortless, sophisticated-sounding speaker. On some program material the L7 will throw fine details up into the corners of the room, and the L3c makes a wall of sound all over the front wall. These aspects come from a deliberate design type and that design type draws from the treble driver's response.

Originally posted by cgramer View Post
              Very curious about these... Ultra value line below the A-series? Halo series above the L-series? I'll wait on the thread.
              Like the L Series the 700 Series is a line above the A Series. (Incidentally, the A Series is hard to beat on every aspects and it remains the value to beat too, especially where sheer resolution for the dollar goes.) The 700 Series is another way to go acoustically large and dramatic while having both the bang and slam for home theater and the musical authenticity we always insist on. Every pair in each series is designed for neutrality but from there it's ultimately tuned for musicality. The 700 Series is another way to do this on a larger scale.

Comment

• Originally posted by marksman View Post

Onkyo TX-RZ900. Pure stereo direct mode at present. (bypasses room correction, eq etc.).

Source:
                1. Onkyo CD player.
                2. Amazon Alexa streaming Spotify.
                3. Macbook Air + Topping D50 DAC streaming Tidal Master quality.

Hmmm. Yeah, I find that the biggest advantage for outboard amps are, aside from outright sound quality improvements, their low level dynamism and detail retrieval. That’s where they shine. With the “first watt” being very often the most important one.

Do you have an external amp that you can use to see if this is a variable?

Comment

• "The 700 Series is another way to go acoustically large and dramatic while having both the bang and slam for home theater and the musical authenticity we always insist on."

I hope this is also true of the l6 and l7 :) I want them to be the center piece of my HTS but it will definitely be at least 50% music.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
                    I hope this is also true of the l6 and l7 :) I want them to be the center piece of my HTS but it will definitely be at least 50% music.
                    They both qualify for HT and music, but model for model the 700 range is acoustically larger, while the L Series will be seen as more traditionally audiophile.

Comment

• Exciting, sounds like we are really starting to get close now, looking forwards to the photo shoots and details, thanks Jon!

Comment

• Wow great to see these getting close to an official unveiling! Can't wait to find out more about each of them!

Comment

• Originally posted by BufordTJustice View Post

Hmmm. Yeah, I find that the biggest advantage for outboard amps are, aside from outright sound quality improvements, their low level dynamism and detail retrieval. That’s where they shine. With the “first watt” being very often the most important one.

Do you have an external amp that you can use to see if this is a variable?
                          Not at present. However, I have had a lot of hardware pass through including three generations of Onkyo AVRs and this particular one has excellent power. Your point about first-mile power output noted. Will consider giving that a shot but since we downsized footprint I have to juggle space restrictions w/WAF. I'm basically married to an asian minimalist like Marie Kondo, who happens to prefer white, eliminating virtually all quality AV gear. :)

Comment

• Is it too late to be added to the initial interest list?

Comment

• Originally posted by rloyola0426 View Post
                              Is it too late to be added to the initial interest list?
                              It certainly isn't. (Anyone is welcome and will be up until we're receiving goods.) I'll add you to the list and thanks for joining.

Comment

• Originally posted by marksman View Post

Not at present. However, I have had a lot of hardware pass through including three generations of Onkyo AVRs and this particular one has excellent power. Your point about first-mile power output noted. Will consider giving that a shot but since we downsized footprint I have to juggle space restrictions w/WAF. I'm basically married to an asian minimalist like Marie Kondo, who happens to prefer white, eliminating virtually all quality AV gear. :)
                                My wife, though petite, Auburn hair, and very Irish, could be Marie’s long lost cross continental second cousin. I totally understand.

Using my old Arcam AVR300, I noticed actually excellent bass punch and texture/control from my A5’s and A5rx-c’s even with the Arcam receiver. Things got even better, more detailed and nuanced when I stepped up to a quality outboard amp.... with most of the improvements coming at low to moderate SPL.

Anyways, just doing some creative problem solving. No wrong answers. You’re working with decent stuff so I’m certainly not trying to insinuate that there is a problem with your gear.

Comment

Working...
                                X