Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iím also interested in a pair of L7s and a L6.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
      Hi Folks,

The New Chane 700 Series. I've alluded to a second product series. This morning I reserved space to outline it and what it means in a thread here. This line begins as two models, expands to three as a matched set of multipurpose main, center, and effects speakers, and then expands again to include three more main models. I'm just as excited about this range as the L models because it fills a niche I've been thinking about for a long time - I'm very pleased with where it goes and how it sounds. Only a few people know what this stuff is and one of them has been beta-testing a pair for awhile now. I'll just say that he seems to be enjoying them. I know I did.

That's it for now. Good stuff coming.
      Jon, now that the newsletter has gone out, its taking a lot of restraint to not order the A5.5. Do you know if the L7s, 700 series and the new subs will be released this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by blogreader View Post
        Jon, now that the newsletter has gone out, its taking a lot of restraint to not order the A5.5. Do you know if the L7s, 700 series and the new subs will be released this year?
        The Ls and 700s are in an any-day-now situation now, meaning I wouldn't be surprised to have the EOP and delivery schedule any day, along with the photography to pop into two new product channels. Cabinets will take about 30 days to arrive, but final assembly and testing only take a day or less per your customer order.

It could also be that I don't have that information and content for another month; I just don't know. I just don't expect it to take that long.

That's what I know. I can't imagine that we wouldn't launch both lines before the first of the year. It could be as early as mid-November.

Comment

• It would be super to get them before the end of the year. I usually take at least a week off around Christmas/New Years and I'd love to be able to spend some time with the new toys. I'm with blogreader though - it's hard to keep waiting when the A 5.5's are available. :) It would also be great to get some kind of teaser about the 700 series - general form/function. Are they "standard" slim towers similar to the L series, some kind of horn/compression driver, ...?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spidacat View Post
            It would also be great to get some kind of teaser about the 700 series - general form/function. Are they "standard" slim towers similar to the L series, some kind of horn/compression driver, ...?
            I'm going to resist. I'd really like to get into our next mode of operation asap, which is to reveal a number of things only once they're already coming through the supply chain.

Should be any day, however...

Comment

• There will soon be a new Model L
              with new driver tech, clear as a bell.
              When they arrive and are set up they'll be a nice step-up.
              Old favorites will cast a new spell.

Jon, sorry I didn't get by to visit with you a couple of weeks ago when I was on vacation in your area. Family, the hot weather and awesome beach sucked up all my time. My loss. Someday I'll get my priorities straight.

Comment

• please add me as interested in 2 L7's and 1 L6.
                tyvm.

Comment

• Originally posted by jstewart View Post
                  Jon, sorry I didn't get by to visit with you a couple of weeks ago when I was on vacation in your area. Family, the hot weather and awesome beach sucked up all my time. My loss. Someday I'll get my priorities straight.
                  Looks like they're straight right now!

Comment

• Following is a reader question copied from the forum just before it was upgraded. I'll include my answer.

Originally posted by BadJRT
                    I know you're not going to give me anything definitive but I'm going to ask anyway. Is the feedback from the pair of L7's " in the wild" everything you expected so far?
                    Good question. I'm looking forward to revealing these things and handing off comments on them to actual users. The models in the wild are not L models but 700 models. All are in production together, and at this point nothing related to design will change. They're signed and sealed.

The only adjustment to one 700 model was an incremental, 10% tweak in a part of the circuit that amounted to about 1/3dB average change. Since I range all around these points in tuning I'm willing to make one incremental step change like this but no more. I've heard and measured all the possible variations.

The L models, however, clicked so hard I had the instinct - which is the whole game, really - to immediately leave the room and sneak back later to record the values. The L's are so sensitive to design change that even the transfer function damping between drivers - again, down in the small fractions of a dB - is audible. Get it right and while the speaker makes no change to harmonic balance it does make that final click to texture and light.

Originally posted by BadJRT View Post
                    Has any of the feedback caused you to feel the need for a bit of tweeking, that may slightly delay a full production run?
                    Production will not be affected.

This is interesting. This is all a human thing that after a point doesn't lend itself to technical metrics and data.

Comment

• Jon, been a view weeks any new updates? Didi anything make it to the UIS yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
                        Jon, been a view weeks any new updates? Didi anything make it to the UIS yet?
                        Currently concentrating on everything else, frankly. With the product being made, focus has shifted to the content to show and describe it. And as always, updates occur when we hit various milestones.

Comment

• Looking forward to the new content and pics. Hopefully EOP is a known by now.

Comment

• Jon,
                            I was reading a post over at the Home Theater group on Reddit that a lot of consumer electronic products are going to get a (stiff) 25% tariff increase on imports from China.
                            Are you going to be affected by this at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

The Ls and 700s are in an any-day-now situation now, meaning I wouldn't be surprised to have the EOP and delivery schedule any day, along with the photography to pop into two new product channels.
                              I can't imagine that we wouldn't launch both lines before the first of the year. It could be as early as mid-November.
                              Jon,
                              Are you planning to provide a coupon in the newsletter announcement for the L7s and 700s? November is coming to a close and I'm wondering if I should just buy the A5.5 using the coupon discount or continue waiting?
                              Can you share anything about the new products?

Also, I wanted to wish everyone in this community a very happy Thanksgiving and the rest of the holiday season.

Comment

• Originally posted by blogreader View Post
                                Are you planning to provide a coupon in the newsletter announcement for the L7s and 700s?
                                Yes. Once we know arrival we'll publish a newsletter.

Originally posted by blogreader View Post
                                November is coming to a close and I'm wondering if I should just buy the A5.5 using the coupon discount or continue waiting? Can you share anything about the new products?
                                I can't answer that for anyone, but we should see EOP in a few weeks. Around that time and before arrival we'll also publish new web content.

Originally posted by blogreader View Post
                                Also, I wanted to wish everyone in this community a very happy Thanksgiving and the rest of the holiday season.
                                Likewise!

Comment

Working...
                                X