Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chane L Series Interest Thread and List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Adding my name to the list. Interested in 3 L3c's for LCR.

    Comment


    • #32
      add me to the list that is interested in 2 L7's and one L6.
      would it be possible to start getting some pricing ranges for these ?
      also would the new L line be expecting some new subs to enhance the experience ?
      thanks

      btw, still enjoying the SBE-118(& 3600), A2.4 and A5rx-c's.

      Comment


      • #33
        Jon will the l6 work horizontally under my TV? A fireplace is underneath so a stand in not ideal. I currently have a Swan center I got from you.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by dnkohn View Post
          would it be possible to start getting some pricing ranges for these ?
          Bumping up one approximate class size - from 5.25" woofers to 6.5" woofers - shouldn't double the price but in larger models it could come close. The L7 with 4x 6.5" woofers shouldn't quite cost twice as much as the A5.4, with 3x 5.25" woofers. The L7 also stands nearly 7" taller and weighs a figurative ton. The 1x 6.5" L3 stand monitor, in 20 liters, might add 50% to the 10 liter A1.4, with 1x 5.25" midbass driver.

          This is speculative and real pricing comes when all the particulars are sorted. Whatever it ends up being for it we get even higher tech, fancier cabinetry, a deeper feature list, greater size, deeper bass, and a very effective design type.

          Originally posted by dnkohn View Post
          also would the new L line be expecting some new subs to enhance the experience ?
          More or less, although not specifically under the L series. Much remains to be done but we could see some appetizers before long.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
            Jon will the l6 work horizontally under my TV?
            It'll be right at home there. It's specifically engineered for very high resolution in a horizontal, symmetrical speaker.

            Comment


            • #36
              Hi Jon,

              Still interested in the L7 / L6 (as well as the other upcoming speaker build). Thx

              Comment


              • #37
                Please put me on the interest list for 2 L7s and an L6

                Comment


                • #38
                  Even though the L6 is a center speaker, can it be placed vertical on stands for use as mains?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
                    Even though the L6 is a center speaker, can it be placed vertical on stands for use as mains?
                    It may, although with five drivers aboard it will be fairly tall and could tip.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Please put me on the list for a set of L7s and a L6

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Hello Jon - I'm an A2/A3/A5 customer from back in the day, and we are currently between permanent homes. I do need a high quality pair of monitors though, and potentially a tight fast little sub (like a Rythmik, or whatever you whip up).

                        The stand monitors will be on a desk at first, then on actual stands. 2.1 setup using an Emotiva A-100 (https://emotiva.com/collections/amps/products/a-100)

                        Do I want the L3 or the L3"C"? You tell me. And then sign me up.

                        Will I prefer these to the A1.5? - I love the A series versatility - we listen to everything from showtunes to jazz/bluegrass to bass heavy electronica/EDM. If I had to say our music leans towards one defining characteristic it's strong and unusual vocalists, followed by crisp stringed instruments/piano. A series was a real sweet spot for us for these.

                        Cheers and look forward to doing business w/you again,

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by marksman View Post
                          Hello Jon - I'm an A2/A3/A5 customer from back in the day, and we are currently between permanent homes. I do need a high quality pair of monitors though, and potentially a tight fast little sub (like a Rythmik, or whatever you whip up).

                          The stand monitors will be on a desk at first, then on actual stands. 2.1 setup using an Emotiva A-100 (https://emotiva.com/collections/amps/products/a-100)

                          Do I want the L3 or the L3"C"? You tell me. And then sign me up.

                          Will I prefer these to the A1.5? - I love the A series versatility - we listen to everything from showtunes to jazz/bluegrass to bass heavy electronica/EDM. If I had to say our music leans towards one defining characteristic it's strong and unusual vocalists, followed by crisp stringed instruments/piano. A series was a real sweet spot for us for these.

                          Cheers and look forward to doing business w/you again,
                          Very nice to hear from you. Thank you.

                          I'm not sure how to personally talk about the L models but I can say that expectations have been met and exceeded. The L3 and L3c are no exceptions. The A1.5 stand monitor is also a clearly improved A1 'shelf' speaker, and while it's sounding bigger and more immersive than ever, the L3/c models are knockouts. We're getting a new degree of open, musical connectedness.

                          The L3 is twice the internal volume of the A1.5, and moves from the 5.25" midwoofer to a 6.5" unit. They'll cost more but if the budget is there - and if they physically fit - try a pair. Compare them and see what you think. If you prefer the 5.25" class, I'd like to add some L2 class models later. Either way we'll work with folks as these models roll out. We'd like people to hear them.

                          Subs: Currently have three or four variants on the 10" class powered sub in the final stages. They have an interesting story, part of which is sheer value. They'll launch other models but to roll out I think they'll be irresistible values. More on them in the sub threads as they happen.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            hi jon - I'm interested in 2 L7 thanks

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
                              Very nice to hear from you. Thank you.
                              NP. When I met the wife she said audio SQ doens't matter that much (she used to be a DJ and has had high end cans, but dislikes headphones). She has a soft spot for showtunes though and the A series can really bring them to life. The most magical early moment that sold upgrading our HT was listening to "Jiro Dreams of Sushi" in 5.1 - the A5 tweeters just bring the strings in the soundtrack up to a heavenly, floating place. I still had our JBL monitors (which were equally if not higher-priced than the A-series) and I switched back to them and it was like someone put wool socks over each of the speakers, with the exact same source & material. So thank you.

                              Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
                              I'm not sure how to personally talk about the L models but I can say that expectations have been met and exceeded. The L3 and L3c are no exceptions. The A1.5 stand monitor is also a clearly improved A1 'shelf' speaker, and while it's sounding bigger and more immersive than ever, the L3/c models are knockouts. We're getting a new degree of open, musical connectedness.
                              Jon - you are like Evil Santa Claus, and I mean this kindly, but your style of tease and delay is quite tormenting. That said I live in a world that optimizes for speed over quality and I have the utmost appreciation for your final results.

                              Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
                              The L3 is twice the internal volume of the A1.5, and moves from the 5.25" midwoofer to a 6.5" unit. They'll cost more but if the budget is there - and if they physically fit - try a pair. Compare them and see what you think. If you prefer the 5.25" class, I'd like to add some L2 class models later. Either way we'll work with folks as these models roll out. We'd like people to hear them.
                              Yes, I'd like <- this person to hear them too. How do we make that happen?

                              Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
                              Subs: Currently have three or four variants on the 10" class powered sub in the final stages. They have an interesting story, part of which is sheer value. They'll launch other models but to roll out I think they'll be irresistible values. More on them in the sub threads as they happen.
                              Ah, I quit going there as I thought you'd given up on the 10" projects. We wound up getting a PSA v1801 paired with an Antimode 8033-II for our prior house, and together with the a roomful of A-series towers we had one hell of a home theater and music hall. Unfortunately due to immigration issues we had to downsize aggressively (hopefully temporarily) so I'm running a 2.1 now (that old Yamaha Pianocraft series I emailed you years back - almost 20 years old and it still punches above its weight).

                              Goal: upgrade the 2.1 for sound quality now, but with headroom for future repurposing as a pure stereo music setup in a future larger room.

                              I run Tidal Masters (and Spotify premium) through a Topping DX7s into a variety of cans or the Pianocraft 2.1 today for reference.
                              (The A series, PSA and Stereo/Home theater equipment are all in long term storage)

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by marksman View Post
                                When I met the wife she said audio SQ doens't matter that much (she used to be a DJ and has had high end cans, but dislikes headphones). She has a soft spot for showtunes though and the A series can really bring them to life. The most magical early moment that sold upgrading our HT was listening to "Jiro Dreams of Sushi" in 5.1 - the A5 tweeters just bring the strings in the soundtrack up to a heavenly, floating place.
                                I'd like a lot more of that going forward. Design is key, and while cost prevents putting all the tricks in every model, the Ls have a good helping of them - which really improved them over what was originally envisioned. While this cost us all time the good news is the payoff. Sometimes you just have to go for the idealism...

                                Originally posted by marksman View Post
                                Jon - you are like Evil Santa Claus, and I mean this kindly, but your style of tease and delay is quite tormenting. That said I live in a world that optimizes for speed over quality and I have the utmost appreciation for your final results.
                                Kindness genuinely appreciated. For the record, the last thing I want to do is prolong what we're doing. I mean that - without question we've lost support over the interim, about which I can only offer what I think is more value. This time has been heavily invested in systems, R&D, and fulfillment, and the result is a degree of X factor we couldn't have offered a few years ago. The A series is another ongoing beneficiary (as are some pieces we haven't talked about yet but that are doing fun things out in beta review).

                                We can't not strive for the best we can offer, and I appreciate everyone's generosity. You've always made this all worthwhile.

                                Originally posted by marksman View Post
                                Yes, I'd like <- this person to hear them too. How do we make that happen?
                                Please stay in touch in these threads. As things develop we'll be as flexible as we can with first adopters.

                                Originally posted by marksman View Post
                                Ah, I quit going there as I thought you'd given up on the 10" projects.
                                Understandable. Coincidentally, just last week we finished pre-production work and now we're preparing to make an assortment of entry bass products as appetizers. Using the final inventory of a major high end US brand, we're recreating at least three really solid, original designs in our own casework to feature at a fraction of original cost.

                                I'll slip this in the L7 thread: Look for a 10", 200w, 355mm reflex cube; a 10", 300w, 380mm reflex cube; probably a twin 10" 380mm sealed cube with DSP and roughly 500w - all limited production at a very affordable price - and then a 380mm reflex cube with a very nice pro driver and a DSP amplifier. They're all built like tanks and all match the basic A series style, which happens to get along nicely with the L series. That'll get us rolling, with that final item in the list being a permanent model paving the way for larger stuff.

                                By the way, if anyone is seeing email notices of these comments you may have noticed they're arriving in a new format. This forum was just substantially upgraded. It looks and reads better, has all the current state of the art features and securities, and best of all, is responsive - it's mobile-friendly. I want to add Tapatalk to it soon, but even now it should be much easier to read and use. If you're following along, drop in and take a peek.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X