This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

All the Ls have moderate sensitivity - about what you'd expect from designs based on 6.5" drivers. They also have very good drivers and a deliberate design aimed at the most open sound we've made so far - while they can play at a pretty healthy volume, they reveal a lot at background levels too. You could certainly do worse for low-level listening. (If a moderate-level, stand monitor is enough for you, frankly the single-woofer L3 or twin-woofer L3c could impress you. It's hard to beat a good 2-way for that effect.)

Somewhat related, I happened to catch this review recently. Herb's a great reviewer because he seems to really enjoy organically good audio and he relates the experience as well as anyone. The speaker he's writing about is a classic small monitor known for openness and see-through sound - for a realistic, visual perspective on the original recording. I'm not unfamiliar with this class of equipment and the Ls share some of its orientation.

On the other hand, if you want a speaker specifically for low volumes, watch for some smaller pieces we've been working on. It appears we may be ready to fast-track some of them.
    Great, thanks Jon, I was just curious as I do a little (about 5% lol) quiet/low level listening, but most of the time I like to enjoy it at good volume levels (and wouldn't choose low volume over higher volume options), looking forwards to these being ready!, thanks.

Comment

Hi Jon. Glad to see things still progressing well. Please add me to the list for 2 L7s and an L6 and possibly 2 L3 for surrounds. Need black though. I'll remain hopeful they won't be too far off.
      I was wondering if you might speak to your choice and expected benefits of the ring dome tweeter in the design? What info I could find elsewhere was promising although somewhat limited. Thanks!

Comment

I am tentatively interested in 2 L7 and 1 L6

Comment

Hi all! Please put me down as tentative yes for a pair of L7 and an L6.

Comment

Yes I am interested in the new L series speakers.

Comment

Hopefully L things are firming up and timelines and info will be available soon.

Comment

Update: Currently in final pre-production on the first seven models, folks, consisting of final costing and crossover board approval. Then we build.

Other things follow - the A4.5 and A6.5 in the A line, for example - and more...

Comment

Thanks Jon!

Comment

Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
                    Update: Currently in final pre-production on the first seven models, folks, consisting of final costing and crossover board approval. Then we build.
                    WOOT! Very excited here Jon!

Comment

Interested in the L7s

Edit: also interested in a L6 and a set of L3s for rears.
                      Last edited by vanven42; 04-24-2019, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Interested in the L7s, or possibly the L-series bookshelves. Any word on pricing for the L7?
                        New system: Outlaw RR2160 receiver; speakers & subs TBD!

Comment

Definitely interested in a pair of L7s!

Comment

Jon,

Please add me to the list for 2 x L7 and 1 x L6.

rvrd90

Comment

Any updates? C'mon Jon, throw us a bone!

Comment

Thanks Spidacat; some of you have been with us for a long time. Currently awaiting final crossover board approval and then we go to production for the first four models - May should bring final sign-off. They're much different than the original A7 concept - so different that they spawned a new line.

That's for starters. This R&D brought us to four additional series concepts and, providence willing, before long we'll have enough bones to throw that we'll need new conversations about them. But for now the first four L models are nearly ready to execute. It's exciting.

In A series news, the new A4.5 (previously the A4.4) and A1.5 (evolution of the A1.4) are also in the can. The A1.5 launches in May and the A4.5 not long thereafter. The A6.5 center is next for sign-off. I'm very pleased with the A line's ability to remain in the top of its price and size classes too, and there are going to be some surprises as 2019 unfolds. These models are competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X