This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to integrate a subwoofer

By the way, if you want to go under the hood and really set up a subwoofer the right way, here are the basics. Sometimes we think of Subwoofer X not matching Speaker A when all that's really needed is just the right combination of slopes and functions.

Comment

Subscribed.

Comment

I promised some interesting values in bass when we relaunched the three A series models in July. Here's a heavy 355mm (14") cube with a beefy 10" tuned in bass reflex. Plate amp in the back. Limited quantity, really inexpensive. More later.

Click image for larger version

Name:	42653814_1802521859866388_5982009060931665920_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	78366

Comment

The driver that goes in it. Heavy duty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10 woofer.jpg
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	78367

Comment

Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
            The driver that goes in it. Heavy duty.

[ATTACH]15531[/ATTACH]
            Heavy duty rock and roll... That'll bring out the duty in my soul... :)
            New system: Outlaw RR2160 receiver; speakers & subs TBD!

Comment

Nifty!

That's a nice driver. Does it have a 15 or 18 inch brother? Also, is the box MDF; it looks thick/substantial?

Comment

Another view. Click image for larger version

Name:	10 sub.jpg
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	78369

Comment

OMG the magnet is HUGE. Size does matter.

Comment

Willing to Wait

I`m so pleased with my Chane speakers I`m willing to wait for a matching sub. I`m even ignoring the siren call of the excellently reviewed Monoprice Monolith options because Chane has demonstrated serious bang for the buck appeal.

Though I do think I want at least a 12 inch driver.

Comment

This happens to be the smallest of three 10" subs, 1" front baffle, standard economy finish. Bass reflex for extension, and yes, the driver is a very substantial unit, well beyond the norm for this price and size class. Power ranges between 200 and 500w and one model has twin opposed drivers. A few months ago I'd promised a real value to our customers and this is one of them, although it will be a limited initial run of a couple hundred units.

We don't have a 12" unit in the works right now, preferring to work from both ends of the size spectrum toward the middle. However, as affordable as these subs are, a pair of 10" is still no more than the typical 12" competitor and moves more air while smoothing room response. Still, wait until we build out the line before reviewing your options.

Comment

Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
                        This happens to be the smallest of three 10" subs, 1" front baffle, standard economy finish. Bass reflex for extension, and yes, the driver is a very substantial unit, well beyond the norm for this price and size class. Power ranges between 200 and 500w and one model has twin opposed drivers. A few months ago I'd promised a real value to our customers and this is one of them, although it will be a limited initial run of a couple hundred units.

We don't have a 12" unit in the works right now, preferring to work from both ends of the size spectrum toward the middle. However, as affordable as these subs are, a pair of 10" is still no more than the typical 12" competitor and moves more air while smoothing room response. Still, wait until we build out the line before reviewing your options.
                        HHHHMMMMMMM does this mean the next one will be a 15" beast or an 18" "Monster"
                        Attached Files

Comment

Subscribed. Currently have my eye on the HSU Vtf-2 mk5. But let's see where this goes before making a purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
                            HHHHMMMMMMM does this mean the next one will be a 15" beast or an 18" "Monster"
                            Affirmative.

Comment

Any outlooks on timing? My loyalty to Chane has been holding me back from pulling the trigger on a small sub for some time. Iíve been looking for a sub in the RSL Speedwoofer 10s size / class and what you have in the works seems to fit the bill.

Cheers!

YC

Comment

Originally posted by YC1984 View Post
                                Any outlooks on timing? My loyalty to Chane has been holding me back from pulling the trigger on a small sub for some time. Iíve been looking for a sub in the RSL Speedwoofer 10s size / class and what you have in the works seems to fit the bill.
                                Thanks for that. It's hard when we want to talk about what we're working on but since development is like herding cats, we can't. There are just too many variables.

By the way, public updates are ultimately driven by production dates - when we know, everybody knows.

The same is true for model development. During 2 years of development - 4 when you include the SBE-118, which is not actually one of mine - things change. In our case, they also improve, in some cases enough to obsolete a design before it's a product in favor of a better solution. If we can't make a real difference we shouldn't compromise.

I mentioned the three 10" small subs in a previous comment, all limited quantity. The most affordable of them is Chane fulfilling a promise to our customers to offer them a follow-on to the 2018 A series relaunch with an extremely low cost, heavyweight small subwoofer. All three also have an unusual back story, which comes out later. Part of that story is how their value is so high.

But we still have production and shipping schedules which add a couple of months. The final prototype for the first 10" sub arrived yesterday. It tests and signs off within a week. (It measures 355mm on a side, by the way; a perfect cube.) From there making them takes time.

That's the best I can offer. Let's say 90 days to be safe and hope nothing else slows us.

PS: If anyone can't wait us out - on this or anything - please don't. Nobody likes to lose a customer but a customer is only defined by a happy guy on a reasonable timeline, and not by someone I'd ever dream of even asking to hold on for months. Just because we have 30 products representing about 8 technologies in various stages doesn't mean anyone should wait for them. It's been a busy few years but it's only been the last half a year or so when the loose ends started to come together.

Comment

Working...
                                X