This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
    PS: If anyone can't wait us out - on this or anything - please don't. Nobody likes to lose a customer but a customer is only defined by a happy guy on a reasonable timeline, and not by someone I'd ever dream of even asking to hold on for months. Just because we have 30 products representing about 8 technologies in various stages doesn't mean anyone should wait for them. It's been a busy few years but it's only been the last half a year or so when the loose ends started to come together.
    Based on my pleasant experience so far with Chane speakers, I can certainly wait as they’ve put me in the “happy guy” category.

Your twin opposed 10” has me quite intrigued... Tell me more!

Cheers!

YC

Comment

Originally posted by YC1984 View Post
      Based on my pleasant experience so far with Chane speakers, I can certainly wait as they’ve put me in the “happy guy” category.

Your twin opposed 10” has me quite intrigued... Tell me more!
      As soon as I possibly can...
      J. Lane

Comment

I'd like to keep this thread active with a brief update - while we don't have the exact timeline just yet, I think we can safely say that the first two, possibly three powered subs are about to hit production. Two different sizes, three different drivers and configurations, and three different power levels.

They are all very affordable 10" units with an interesting story. Limited production just for you guys, with a long-term little powerhouse emerging at the end of the project. If I may say, they sound terrific - this is not appliance-store level stuff.

This then leads to the big stuff, which has also been designed and awaits production.
        J. Lane

Comment

Will the larger subs be passive or powered ?

Comment

Originally posted by dnkohn View Post
            Will the larger subs be passive or powered ?
            Active. No current plans for passive.
            J. Lane

Comment

Quick update: If anyone is looking for a very low cost, very high value compact powered sub this summer, please keep this thread in mind. We got some good news today. I'll say more as we check off the steps.
              J. Lane

Comment

Quick update: If anyone is looking for a very low cost, very high value compact powered sub this summer, please keep this thread in mind. We got some good news today. I'll say more as we check off the steps.
                Eagerly awaiting any news.

Thanks, Jon!
                New system: Outlaw RR2160 receiver; speakers & subs TBD!

Comment

I'm ready for an announcement. Alas, the use of the word 'compact' as opposed to a more appealing 'giant' or 'monster' sub is a touch disappointing.

On an unrelated note having recently watched 'Avengers Endgame' in a modern theater I couldn't help noticing how much more I prefer the treble my Chanes deliver; it's never as harsh/rough on the ears, even at high volumes.

Comment

Originally posted by Vance View Post
                    I'm ready for an announcement. Alas, the use of the word 'compact' as opposed to a more appealing 'giant' or 'monster' sub is a touch disappointing.
                    Was it tempered by very low cost, very high value? Some time ago I promised Chane people a couple of appetizers. A few powered subs in this category is how I'll fulfill that promise.

Now, as far as giant, monster bass systems...we may have to have another conversation entirely.

J. Lane

Comment

Was it tempered by very low cost, very high value? Some time ago I promised Chane people a couple of appetizers. A few powered subs in this category is how I'll fulfill that promise.

Now, as far as giant, monster bass systems...we may have to have another conversation entirely.
                      I do like 'low cost' and I love 'high value' the latter of which describes my Chane speakers well. I'd still rather see what Chane could do with bigger drivers; I'm rocking at 10' now.

Comment

Originally posted by Vance View Post
                        I do like 'low cost' and I love 'high value' the latter of which describes my Chane speakers well. I'd still rather see what Chane could do with bigger drivers; I'm rocking at 10' now.
                        Got it. Well, we will only be4gin at 10" - in a few different flavors as limited specials - before we launch some big stuff. But if the need is extreme value, this summer should be interesting.

J. Lane

Comment

Got it. Well, we will only be4gin at 10" - in a few different flavors as limited specials - before we launch some big stuff. But if the need is extreme value, this summer should be interesting.
                          Since I'm planning to use two subs in my stereo-only music system, compact sounds good to me. Are these sealed or ported, or varieties of each?

Comment

Originally posted by cgramer View Post
                            Since I'm planning to use two subs in my stereo-only music system, compact sounds good to me. Are these sealed or ported, or varieties of each?
                            Glad you asked, cgramer, because it's nearly time to post more info. For now we can say this:

1. 10" 355mm (14") cube, black ash PVC, 200w internal power, bass reflex, 3/4" cabinet with 1" baffle. A genuine heavy-duty driver and a solid BASH amplifier. WELL UNDER $200 while a couple hundred last for a $350+ quality product.
                            2. 10" 380mm (15") cube, black ash PVC, 300w internal power, bass reflex, 3/4" cabinet with 1" baffle. A premium aluminum-frame driver and a solid BASH amplifier. Also priced as an extreme value (TBD).
                            3. 10" 380mm (15") cube, black ash PVC, 500w internal power, bass reflex, 3/4" cabinet with 1" baffle. Same driver as #2 and another BASH amplifier. Priced as an extreme value (TBD).
                            4. Twin 10" 380mm (15") cube, black ash PVC, 600w internal power with DSP, sealed opposed, 3/4" cabinet with 1" baffles. Another premium aluminum-frame driver and professional amplifier w/ user interface. Very competitively priced.

Further details emerge once we have the production line humming, which could be any time. Note that you will want those details before you make your considerations so let's leave this info here for now. Prices TBD, although they will be proportional to the first option once power, size, driver(s), and the sophistication of the electronics are factored.
                            J. Lane

Comment

3. 10" 380mm (15") cube, black ash PVC, 500w internal power, bass reflex, 3/4" cabinet with 1" baffle. Same driver as #2 and another BASH amplifier. Priced as an extreme value (TBD).
                              4. Twin 10" 380mm (15") cube, black ash PVC, 600w internal power with DSP, sealed opposed, 3/4" cabinet with 1" baffles. Another premium aluminum-frame driver and professional amplifier w/ user interface. Very competitively priced.
                              If port plugs are included with #3, maybe two of those. If not, two #4s for ~$1,000-1,200 would be amazing.

Looking forward to final specs and pricing (and photos!). Thanks again, Jon!

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by cgramer View Post
                                If port plugs are included with #3, maybe two of those. If not, two #4s for ~$1,000-1,200 would be amazing.

Looking forward to final specs and pricing (and photos!).
                                We'll see samples soon, with production being a far more rapid affair than some of our other products. Almost time to wrap up 3 years of horsing around with about 30 model designs and start doing more real hifi.

J. Lane

Comment

Working...
                                X