X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chane M&C
    replied
    This stuff is planned to be joined by half a dozen prosumer models ranging up from them in size and power. All but one of our suppliers have badly missed ETAs - some more than once - but the things at that link are in production, and the cabinetry for largest model in the other range is in a container inbound. Currently planning the new site channels to show them.

Leave a comment:

• Vance
    replied
    I couldn't wait (especially as the bigger subs were further away in the time stream than the smaller) and bought a Paradigm X15. It pairs nicely with the Chanes. Obviously Jon isn't going to release anything until it's ready (and mature). The Chane speakers have easily been the best internet direct purchase I've made. I say this as someone who typically has little to no brand loyalty.

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Originally posted by ViperDom View Post
    90 days turned out to be about a year. Are the wheels still turning on this? Whats the latest Jon?
    I'll always update when I have useful information - no reason to hold back. And as always, if the time frames are too long, the market has plenty of alternatives.

That said, when the first wave of these hit they'll be the best values in genuine performance woofers I know of. More soon...

Leave a comment:

• ViperDom
    replied

Request for moderator to change thread name

Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

But we still have production and shipping schedules which add a couple of months. The final prototype for the first 10" sub arrived yesterday. It tests and signs off within a week. (It measures 355mm on a side, by the way; a perfect cube.) From there making them takes time.

That's the best I can offer. Let's say 90 days to be safe and hope nothing else slows us.
    90 days turned out to be about a year. Are the wheels still turning on this? Whats the latest Jon?

Leave a comment:

• Vance
    replied

All of the 10" class subs will match the A series finishes. Other, larger subs will get into deluxe finishes later in the year.
    AHA! So bigger subs later in the year (this one I'm assuming). I know the focus right now is on the 10 inch value subs.... But then....

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Originally posted by HMPoweredMan View Post
    Will any of the subs have the same wood grain finish as the A5.4 so that they match? Matching speakers is more important to me.
    All of the 10" class subs will match the A series finishes. Other, larger subs will get into deluxe finishes later in the year.

Leave a comment:

• HMPoweredMan
    replied
    Will any of the subs have the same wood grain finish as the A5.4 so that they match? Matching speakers is more important to me.

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    They're all pretty cool, some more for tech and some more for sheer value.

Leave a comment:

• Vance
    replied
    Number 4 does sound intriguing....

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Originally posted by cgramer View Post
    If port plugs are included with #3, maybe two of those. If not, two #4s for ~$1,000-1,200 would be amazing.

Looking forward to final specs and pricing (and photos!).
    We'll see samples soon, with production being a far more rapid affair than some of our other products. Almost time to wrap up 3 years of horsing around with about 30 model designs and start doing more real hifi.

Leave a comment:

• cgramer
    replied
    3. 10" 380mm (15") cube, black ash PVC, 500w internal power, bass reflex, 3/4" cabinet with 1" baffle. Same driver as #2 and another BASH amplifier. Priced as an extreme value (TBD).
    4. Twin 10" 380mm (15") cube, black ash PVC, 600w internal power with DSP, sealed opposed, 3/4" cabinet with 1" baffles. Another premium aluminum-frame driver and professional amplifier w/ user interface. Very competitively priced.
    If port plugs are included with #3, maybe two of those. If not, two #4s for ~$1,000-1,200 would be amazing.

Looking forward to final specs and pricing (and photos!). Thanks again, Jon!

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Originally posted by cgramer View Post
    Since I'm planning to use two subs in my stereo-only music system, compact sounds good to me. Are these sealed or ported, or varieties of each?
    Glad you asked, cgramer, because it's nearly time to post more info. For now we can say this:

1. 10" 355mm (14") cube, black ash PVC, 200w internal power, bass reflex, 3/4" cabinet with 1" baffle. A genuine heavy-duty driver and a solid BASH amplifier. WELL UNDER $200 while a couple hundred last for a $350+ quality product.
    2. 10" 380mm (15") cube, black ash PVC, 300w internal power, bass reflex, 3/4" cabinet with 1" baffle. A premium aluminum-frame driver and a solid BASH amplifier. Also priced as an extreme value (TBD).
    3. 10" 380mm (15") cube, black ash PVC, 500w internal power, bass reflex, 3/4" cabinet with 1" baffle. Same driver as #2 and another BASH amplifier. Priced as an extreme value (TBD).
    4. Twin 10" 380mm (15") cube, black ash PVC, 600w internal power with DSP, sealed opposed, 3/4" cabinet with 1" baffles. Another premium aluminum-frame driver and professional amplifier w/ user interface. Very competitively priced.

Further details emerge once we have the production line humming, which could be any time. Note that you will want those details before you make your considerations so let's leave this info here for now. Prices TBD, although they will be proportional to the first option once power, size, driver(s), and the sophistication of the electronics are factored.

Leave a comment:

• cgramer
    replied
    Got it. Well, we will only be4gin at 10" - in a few different flavors as limited specials - before we launch some big stuff. But if the need is extreme value, this summer should be interesting.
    Since I'm planning to use two subs in my stereo-only music system, compact sounds good to me. Are these sealed or ported, or varieties of each?

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Originally posted by Vance View Post
    I do like 'low cost' and I love 'high value' the latter of which describes my Chane speakers well. I'd still rather see what Chane could do with bigger drivers; I'm rocking at 10' now.
    Got it. Well, we will only be4gin at 10" - in a few different flavors as limited specials - before we launch some big stuff. But if the need is extreme value, this summer should be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Vance
    replied

Was it tempered by very low cost, very high value? Some time ago I promised Chane people a couple of appetizers. A few powered subs in this category is how I'll fulfill that promise.

Now, as far as giant, monster bass systems...we may have to have another conversation entirely.
    I do like 'low cost' and I love 'high value' the latter of which describes my Chane speakers well. I'd still rather see what Chane could do with bigger drivers; I'm rocking at 10' now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X