This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ViperDom View Post
    90 days turned out to be about a year. Are the wheels still turning on this? Whats the latest Jon?
    I'll always update when I have useful information - no reason to hold back. And as always, if the time frames are too long, the market has plenty of alternatives.

That said, when the first wave of these hit they'll be the best values in genuine performance woofers I know of. More soon...

Comment

I couldn't wait (especially as the bigger subs were further away in the time stream than the smaller) and bought a Paradigm X15. It pairs nicely with the Chanes. Obviously Jon isn't going to release anything until it's ready (and mature). The Chane speakers have easily been the best internet direct purchase I've made. I say this as someone who typically has little to no brand loyalty.

Comment

This stuff is planned to be joined by half a dozen prosumer models ranging up from them in size and power. All but one of our suppliers have badly missed ETAs - some more than once - but the things at that link are in production, and the cabinetry for largest model in the other range is in a container inbound. Currently planning the new site channels to show them.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	200_proc.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	114566

Comment

Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
            Click image for larger version

Name:	200_proc.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	114566
            Looks nice! Any specs to go along with the photo?

Also, I don't remember if you mentioned whether any of the upcoming subs will be sealed designs...
            New system: Outlaw RR2160 receiver; speakers & subs TBD!

Comment

Originally posted by cgramer View Post
              Looks nice! Any specs to go along with the photo?
              Rated 150w, they may deliver as much as 200w into a 10" SB Acoustics driver. BASH amp. Reflex-tuned to 30Hz. Measures 355mm (14") on a side plus grille. Satin black paint. 50 pounds or so.

Originally posted by cgramer View Post
              Also, I don't remember if you mentioned whether any of the upcoming subs will be sealed designs...
              One model will use two opposed 10" driven by a much larger amp w/DSP.

The first three models' cabinets are made and about to ship to us for assembly, testing, and packing. We should have the complete picture in January.

A limited number of this one will go out under $200 and will not repeat. More on the design pedigree later - for now know that it was designed by one of the leading figures in the field - in fancier casework - and last retailed for at least $800 through dealers.

Comment

Moving up a notch into a 300w powered cube, 380mm on a side (15") with a very beefy cast-frame driver. Also comes in satin black and we'll toss in a grille. Bass reflex, heavy-gauge cabinet that's way beyond the competitive market in many cases, tons of output, and a high-end design pedigree to come later.

(Former retail cost of these units in a premium oak and metal case range between $1500 and $2000 depending on who's reporting. Ours is a reissue made with economical but just as heavy casework - originally specified at nearly 70 pounds. It's acoustically and technically virtually identical.)

Looking for a February launch; very limited quantities and as before, simply tremendous value. Here's a test unit on the bench.

Click image for larger version  Name:	X300.jpg Views:	5 Size:	123.2 KB ID:	114596

Comment

John (or anyone else who knows this stuff a ton better than I do), can you give a bit of guidance regarding the pros/cons as you step up through these future offerings? Based on earlier in the thread, and some stuff you posted elsewhere, I notice three that you seem to be working on that will come out soon (190W, 300W, 550W). What are the advantages of going with a higher watt sub? Is it just to help fill the room/works better in larger rooms? And it sounds like the upper two will have a different driver (which I assume will sound a bit better).

If it helps any my current setup consists of a Denon AVR-1912, couple A5rx-c, an A2rx-c, couple small crappy satellite speakers, and a 12" Sony sub that was part of a package (and is probably not very good quality, but then again I have no idea what I'm really looking at when it comes to subs). My guess is that I'll notice a difference when replacing the sub (at least based on my reaction to getting the other Chane speakers).

Just trying to get some ideas. It sounds like there will not be a ton available initially, and I don't want to start digging into questions too much then and miss the deal because they sell out. Then again, I don't want to buy a speaker that my receiver cannot handle and it ends up not sounding good because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by msweig View Post
                    John (or anyone else who knows this stuff a ton better than I do), can you give a bit of guidance regarding the pros/cons as you step up through these future offerings?
                    Let's get them online first, msweig. We need some context on the real product and from there we can start to plug them into user systems...

Comment

Working...
                    X