Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Zreviews

  1. #1

    Default Zreviews

    With the restock of the A series is anyone planning on sending a pair to Zreviews to do a youtube review?

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerethemiah View Post
    With the restock of the A series is anyone planning on sending a pair to Zreviews to do a youtube review?
    I realize that channel is popular with its fans. I would like to see the reviewer move into dedicated 2-channel reviewing, one pair in a prepared room at a time, while using typical audiophile practices. We're not planning to submit samples at this time but that may change in the future.
    J. Lane

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chane M&C View Post
    I realize that channel is popular with its fans. I would like to see the reviewer move into dedicated 2-channel reviewing, one pair in a prepared room at a time, while using typical audiophile practices. We're not planning to submit samples at this time but that may change in the future.
    Well maybe not Chane provided, but a follower / Patreon provided

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerethemiah View Post
    Well maybe not Chane provided, but a follower / Patreon provided
    I'd still like to see him up the game somewhat. Regardless of what samples come from what source, we're not condoning, approving, or authorizing a Chane review. No offense intended whatsoever, it's just not our plan or position at the moment and that applies to many press outlets, not just this one.
    J. Lane

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Bluffton, SC
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    As a big fan of zreview I do enjoy the videos but as all else they needed to be taken with a grain of salt. I saw the review on the A1 and did agree on some of the points, especially that it is a better room speaker than a near fieLD speaker. I think he really specialized more on the near field stuff based on his apartment and pc setup and less on critical room listening. He also tends to have 10 - 20 pairs of speakers in his room so i suspect there is plenty of sympathetic vibration from all those drivers. He also generally does not have the time to properly break in the speakers and his break in was about 20 hours (i like 100 hours myself). In his opinion the a1's had killer highs and killer lows but was missing the mids (maybe due to short break in period) While my experience is with my a2 center channel I do not seem to be missing any bids and can only call them accurate. I will also mention we was semi drooling over the 5,s on the website. (I cant blame him for trying for comps or testers)

    I find his reviews entertaining and often informative. As with anything else use it as a guide but listen yourself. I find the sound demos pretty useless as I am listening to speakers through my desktop speakers and their inherent limitations. I do hope he uses his paaetron funds to buy a set as I think it further spreads the gospel of Chane. If he does I hope he gives them a real break in period before he reviews them.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
    I saw the review on the A1 and did agree on some of the points, especially that it is a better room speaker than a near fieLD speaker. I think he really specialized more on the near field stuff based on his apartment and pc setup and less on critical room listening.
    For a 5" shelf speaker the A1 is a powerhouse. The SplitGap woofer and planar tweeter actually make it a good contender for a budget theater speaker. However, stacking another 5" speaker flush on either side of it leads to audible problems, as you go on to imply. Whatever you're using, use it alone, give it space, and really concentrate on the triangle, wall distance, toe-in, and even tilt. Like focusing a camera.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
    He also tends to have 10 - 20 pairs of speakers in his room so i suspect there is plenty of sympathetic vibration from all those drivers.
    Speakers are also microphones, although not sensitive ones. They absorb energy and electrically reflect it around the crossovers to reemerge, or at least so it's thought. It's a sensible theory and many serious users will always remove the unconnected speakers from an 'active' room. Good advice.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
    He also generally does not have the time to properly break in the speakers and his break in was about 20 hours (i like 100 hours myself). In his opinion the a1's had killer highs and killer lows but was missing the mids (maybe due to short break in period) While my experience is with my a2 center channel I do not seem to be missing any bids and can only call them accurate.
    Among the conscious rationale behind the Chane A line, back in 2009 when it was Arx, was to not create just another pushed, forward speaker with limited dynamic envelope. I wanted that bigger, tempered sound that can in turn make a spacious, natural soundstage with specific images. Can't be done with a speaker that's either forward or dynamically unstable, or one with a limited or low dynamic envelope.

    And break-in is widely and consistently regarded as essential. Further confirmation of the phenomenon lies in the commonality of language used to describe how the effect sounds, especially among users who never really expected to hear it. Hard to argue with that. I've heard it for 35 years.

    Good points, 1stTC...
    J. Lane


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •