Out of stock. The Chane A1.5 is in production and returns late Summer. Click for more.
The Re-imagined High-Tech Main Loudspeaker
Priced, packed, and shipped each. Shipped dim and weight above.
Let's start with the basics. Conventional 3-driver or MTM* center speakers may limit clean, off-axis dispersion, making them difficult to hear. However more elaborate designs are also compromised and can't be used as main speakers because of their asymmetrical driver layouts.
Chane's 4th-generation A2.4 is different. It's a true multi-purpose, medium format, symmetrical main speaker with a unique, effective design that looks simple and fits in well but makes a simply superb-sounding center speaker - some A2.4 users call it the best they've ever heard.
A Fabulous LCR Speaker
The LCR** A2.4 is just as thrilling as a main speaker. For superb stereophonic sound, a pair of vertical A2.4s create an enormous, transparent soundscape with excellent focus and image. They even work as rear speakers in larger systems.
Real sound quality and versatility is the A2.4's wide appeal for center, stereo pair, or perfectly matched 3.0 channel front stage. It's the true LCR specifically optimized for wide, even dispersion, natural acoustical dynamics, and a big sound stage.
The A2.4's special aligned array greatly improves linearity. On-axis and short-axis response is +/-3dB, and long-axis response within a 40 degree arc is a tight +/- 5dB. Inter-driver timing is optimized for exceptional acoustic focus too. 100% Chane design optimizes the A2.4 for a remarkably linear, smooth character and an enormous, lifelike acoustical image.
- SplitGap XBL2 midwoofer. Radically improved linearity for up to twice the clean output. Real fundamental bass from an affordable compact speaker.
- Chane's planar leaf tweeter: High surface area, vanishingly low mass, and extreme treble extension. Faster, more detailed treble to over 30kHz.
- Premium crossover: Large-gauge inductors, higher grade poly film capacitors, and special audio-grade resistors support Chane's superior tech.
- Heavy cabinet: Nearly twice the weight of some conventional speakers in the class, Chane's extra-grade casework keeps things cleaner, quieter.
There are no regular drivers in an A2.4. The A2.4's rotatable flat planar leaf tweeter suits vertical or horizontal use - one model becomes a powerful option for all channels. Chane's tandem 5.25" SplitGap midwoofers with XBL2 technology precisely sum with the flat panel tweeter for linear and predictable response. What is XBL2? It's how we virtually double clean, dynamic speaker output. Drop us a line for the white paper - it's real tech and only Chane offers it for this little.
Bass tuning options convert the A2.4 from full range use to the classic 80Hz+ range for subwoofers. Open-port, the A2.4's aerodynamically-flared rear port reinforces full low frequencies. Stop the bass port with the included charcoalester foam plug and convert to a shallower cutoff for subs.
Purpose-built, Right Down to the Small Details
Chane's planar leaf tweeter has an all-aluminum faceplate lens for tighter, smoother response to well beyond 30kHz. The crossover incorporates hand-tuning and CAD to create startlingly realistic images in a large sound stage. The A2.4's thick, acoustically dense cabinet is perimeter-braced and up to a twice as heavy, and with heavy internal acoustical treatment keeps the sound clean. The rear port won't project unwanted energy forward, and gold-plated twist terminals accept thick gauge audio cables.
The extra-duty A2.4 is finished in the same stealthy simulated black ash as the rest of the line and includes a removable black knit grille and an acoustical port plug to optionally convert the A2.4 to sealed operation for use with a subwoofer.
An Impressive Feature List
- 1.25" x 2.25" flat panel leaf tweeter
- Uniform, high-output thermoplastic diaphragm
- High energy Neodymium motor
- Very high frequency extension to over 30kHz
- Higher output and power handling than domes
- Resistive amplifier load for consistent neutrality
- New molded aluminum treble face plate
- Acoustical flare and lens for flatter, smoother response
- Improved acoustic phasing and design integration
- 135mm/5.25" high-excursion SplitGap mid-woofers with XBL2 motors
- Exotic, licensed technology for linear cone excursion
- Distortion reduced 50% versus conventional drivers
- Critically-damped natural cellulose fiber cone for exceptional resolution
- Copper SplitGap ring and short voice coil improve responsiveness
- Aluminum frames and enormous, twin-gapped, double-ventilated motors
- High thermal capacity for reliable, high output
- Chane's 0.4 series precision dividing network
- Optimized dispersion across big, 80x40-degree window revolutionizes focus for affordable MTM* speakers
- Exceptional acoustical synchronization enhances transient response, "voice", and dynamics
- Unprecedentedly uniform sound for 3-speaker, vertical/horizontal, LCR** front speaker arrays
- Very heavy-gauge inductors and special non-inductive resistors improve frequency extremes
- Heavy foil, discrete epoxy circuit boards for high electrical integrity
- 100% soldered board and lead technique for long life
- Solid, 18mm braced acoustical cabinet
- Up to 50% heavier than conventional models
- More volume for deeper bass response
- Convertible bass reflex acoustic alignment with flared rear port for low coloration
- Included port plug converts the A2.4 to sealed mode
- Heavy-gauge internal poly damping
- Handsome seamless simulated black ash PVC finish
- Includes detachable low diffraction black fabric grille with stainless steel pegs and low resonance rubber cups
- Heavy gold-plated five-way input terminals accept common cable terminations
- The A2.4 is packed individually in heavy foam cradles and a triple-wall carton
- Includes Chane Music & Cinema's 30-day in-home satisfaction guarantee (see Terms)
- Five year warranty
Attention California customers - Warning: Cancer and reproductive harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||300 x 500 x 180mm (as center)|
|Frequency Response||48Hz - 32.5kHz (+/- 3dB)|
|Impedance||8 Ohms nominal|