The Affordable Reference Monitor
Chane's fifth-generation A1.5 brings real high tech and engineering to affordable main monitor speakers. While scores of lighter, less capable offerings rely on generic technology, Chane reinvented the affordable class with features that really matter. Inspired by the natural, open, dynamic sound of the classic reference monitors, the A1.5 updates the type with thoroughly modern elements.
Building on Proven Solutions
After decades of experience and hundreds of designs, Chane joined alternative technologies with deliberate under-the-hood goals, and launched an affordable speaker series with real, audible benefits.
- SplitGap XBL2 midwoofer. Radically improved linearity for up to twice the clean output. Real fundamental bass from an affordable compact speaker.
- Chane's planar leaf tweeter: High surface area, vanishingly low mass, and extreme treble extension. Faster, more detailed treble to over 30kHz.
- Premium crossover: Large-gauge inductors, higher grade poly film capacitors, and special audio-grade resistors support Chane's superior tech.
- Heavy cabinet: Nearly twice the weight of some conventional speakers in the class, Chane's extra-grade casework keeps things cleaner, quieter.
There are no regular woofers or tweeters in the Chane A series, only licensed XBL2 SplitGap midwoofers and pro-style planar leaf tweeters for cleaner, more dynamic, more extended sound. However, the A1.5 also updates the 5.25" standmount speaker with key solutions for main channel use. 100% Chane design optimizes this model for a remarkably linear, smooth character and an enormous, lifelike acoustical image.
What is XBL2? It's how we virtually double clean, dynamic speaker output. Drop us a line for the white paper - it's real tech and only Chane offers it for this little.
Purpose-Built, Right Down to the Small Details
Chane's planar leaf tweeter has an all-aluminum faceplate lens for tighter, smoother response to well beyond 30kHz. The crossover incorporates hand-tuning and CAD to create startlingly realistic images in a large sound stage. The A1.5's thick, acoustically dense cabinet is perimeter-braced and up to a twice as heavy, and with heavy internal acoustical treatment keeps the sound clean. The rear port won't project unwanted energy forward, and gold-plated twist terminals accept thick gauge audio cables.
The extra-duty A1.5 is finished in the same stealthy simulated black ash as the rest of the line and includes a removable black knit grille and an acoustical port plug to optionally convert the A1.5 to sealed operation for use with a subwoofer.
An Impressive Feature List
- 1.25" x 2.25" flat panel leaf tweeter
- Flat, high-output thermoplastic diaphragm
- High energy Neodymium motor
- Very high frequency extension to over 30kHz
- Higher output and power handling than domes
- Resistive amplifier load for consistent neutrality
- New molded aluminum treble face plate
- Acoustical flare and lens for flatter, smoother response
- Improved acoustic phasing and design integration
- 135mm/5.25" high-excursion SplitGap mid-woofer with XBL2 motor
- Exotic, licensed technology for linear cone excursion
- Distortion reduced 50% versus conventional drivers
- Critically-damped natural cellulose fiber cone for exceptional resolution
- Copper SplitGap ring and short voice coil improve responsiveness
- Aluminum frames and enormous, twin-gapped, double-ventilated motors
- High thermal capacity for reliable, high output
- Chane's 0.5 series precision dividing network
- Highly optimized for neutral, linear response, wide dispersion, and a deeply realistic sound stage
- Compensated for standmount use in main speaker locations
- Very heavy-gauge inductors and special non-inductive resistors improve frequency extremes
- Heavy foil, discrete epoxy circuit boards for high electrical integrity
- 100% soldered board and lead technique for long life
- Solid, 18mm braced acoustical cabinet
- Up to 50% heavier than conventional models
- More volume for deeper bass response
- Convertible bass reflex acoustic alignment with flared rear port for low coloration
- Included port plug converts the A1.4 to sealed mode
- Heavy-gauge internal poly damping
- Handsome seamless simulated black ash PVC finish
- Includes detachable low diffraction black fabric grille with stainless steel pegs and low resonance rubber cups
- Heavy gold-plated five-way input terminals accept common cable terminations
- The A1.5 is packed as pairs in heavy foam cradles and triple-wall cartons
- Includes Chane Music & Cinema's 30-day in-home satisfaction guarantee (see Terms
- Five year warranty
Attention California customers - Warning: Cancer and reproductive harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||250 x 180 x 340mm|
|Frequency Response||48Hz - 32.5kHz (+/- 3dB)|
|Impedance||8 Ohms nominal|